Alternatives to Ticketmaster?

Citysmith

Long story but trying to get 2 tickets Miranda Hart at Plymouth (as a present for a family member) Honest!!!

Anyhow the show is sold out and I can only get tickets through GetMein which is a ticketmaster tout site. Have tried ebay but it leads you straight to the StubHub which is another ticket tout website. So what alternatives do people use besides the rip off that is ticketmaster?

I try and avoid Tickmaster and tend to use Eventim but then again I mostly buy tickets for the arena.

Looks like the Plymouth dates are sold out so you don't really have much of a choice apart from resale rip-off sites. If you are determined to go, wait until the end of the week and you might find prices drop as people start to panic and just look to get some money back.

mancmackem said:
Its sold out mate.

Ring the venue for returns?

Have been trying that and rang them today and they told me the policy now for the venue is to not except returns. No warnings just a change in policy<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
Mental_blue said:
I try and avoid Tickmaster and tend to use Eventim but then again I mostly buy tickets for the arena.

Looks like the Plymouth dates are sold out so you don't really have much of a choice apart from resale rip-off sites. If you are determined to go, wait until the end of the week and you might find prices drop as people start to panic and just look to get some money back.

Cheers for the response, I tend to use Ent24 to avoid ticketmaster

Citysmith said:
Long story but trying to get 2 tickets Miranda Hart at Plymouth (as a present for a family member) Honest!!!

Anyhow the show is sold out and I can only get tickets through GetMein which is a ticketmaster tout site. Have tried ebay but it leads you straight to the StubHub which is another ticket tout website. So what alternatives do people use besides the rip off that is ticketmaster?

If a gigs is sold out then no alternative will make any difference. The venue has its own ticket line and hundreds of othet companies sell tour tickets, if its just ticketmaster you have a problem with..

Other than that its ebay.. but sold out gigs.. your only getting off a tout, at least with getmein etc.. you are certain to get a ticket or a refund, although they usualy charge about 30 pounds extra

There's plenty of official ticket sites besides Ticketmaster e.g Ticketline, Seetickets, Quaytickets, Skiddle.

Also, the venue themselves have to have a way of selling tickets by law without booking/postage fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.