Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

No idea on quality of source.

€70/90m for a player thats not a part of our best XI and wants to leave (if reports are true) seems like a fair fee to me. Like @Fuzzy80 wrote, the price of a non first XI player has a ceiling. How many players not being a part of their clubs best XI have been sold for a higher fee than that? On the top of my head I cant think of one.

Let him go if he doesn’t want to be here he’s probably well suited playing there style which is fucking awful btw
Just make sure we replace him we’re already thin on numbers

A decent player but if it takes away the option of him playing in midfield fine seeing him go. Pep is stubborn about some things that eventually come good but I can't ever see that with the midfield experiment. Alvarez's big weakness is being secure in possession receiving with his back to goal & players all around him.

Also disagree with the notion that he's some totally different option to Haarland as a Tevez/Aguero type powerhouse on the ball with fantastic close control. He is smaller and slower but his touch and close linkup are not any better than Haarland's either. Foden's best position is false 9 for me, we'll get away with that for spells if we bring a midfielder to replace Alvarex.

Could you see us getting a midfielder instead of a direct replacement?

We are filling our coffers nicely...giving us the ability to back the armored truck up to Musiala

Hmm I do think he'll be class but if

A) he's being a little woman
B) pep won't plat him up front
C) we get 70 plus

Fair enough but we do need reinforcements

Also agree re bobb and savio

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.