Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

There's not a fucking chance he's joining Atletico, they haven't got 7m let alone 70m to spend if that is our asking price.
I really hope we don't do anything stupid and let him go on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of it, if Alvarez is desperate to go

There is nothing to suggest he is desperate to go. Also doubt Atletico would pay him more than us. They have probably tempted him with being their no.1 rather than starting 2 CL games all season. But till they can come up with the fee, he will be reminded of his role and that every player plays theirs.

There is nothing to suggest he is desperate to go. Also doubt Atletico would pay him more than us. They have probably tempted him with being their no.1 rather than starting 2 CL games all season. But till they can come up with the fee, he will be reminded of his role and that every player plays theirs.
he should also be reminded that the main striker was out injured for a couple of months last year, that was his opportunity to come in and make himself undroppable which he didnt do

Last edited:
There's not a fucking chance he's joining Atletico, they haven't got 7m let alone 70m to spend if that is our asking price.
I really hope we don't do anything stupid and let him go on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of it, if Alvarez is desperate to go
They've just bought a striker for 30m.
They pulled some levers recently and they now have some cash knocking around so it's very possible

Feels like this is slightly more serious though especially if Jack Gaughan is reporting it
I think it’ll happen after negotiating for the rest of the window
Key part for me was that they had already been in for earlier in the summer and cooled negotiations
You don’t come back in if you don’t have intentions of paying somewhere near the fee, knowing the player wants to join

Yeah does look like it but they'll have to get near to that £70/80m we want at moment they are around 15/20m short

They've just bought a striker for 30m.
They pulled some levers recently and they now have some cash knocking around so it's very possible
They will lowball us still even if they have the cash then mate. No way are they getting near our valuation if it is 70-80m

Pep seems confident he is staying, let's see what happens when Pep has had chance to speak to him.

Hmmm I read that as him playing the game as he knows it depends on Atletico meeting our valuation. No doubt Pep loves him and probably would prefer him to stay

Hmmm I read that as him playing the game as he knows it depends on Atletico meeting our valuation. No doubt Pep loves him and probably would prefer him to stay
I doubt Athletico will meet our valuation, they will probably put in a iow ball offer which I hope we immediately reject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.