Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Why is Alvarez leaving again? If he goes, basically Haaland is the only striker in the team and even with Alvarez on the list, City is pretty short up front.. If he goes, who is gonna replace him? There aren't many good striker left..
Pretty much because we do have Haaland up front, he wants to start as striker.

Pretty much because we do have Haaland up front, he wants to start as striker.

Oh then its understandable he is leaving.. Too bad, top class young player but I guess thats the bad side of having a world class team, sometimes somebody is also class must be left out.. Palmer last season, Alvarez this summer..

The issue is Haaland isn't fit for a whole season , we need a very good striker as cover.

Can't see it happening - enough players can play false 9 again. More inclined to think we may actually buy a 6/8 but even then, the lack of interest in that area doesn't scream transfers.

Seems like a situation where having a solid veteran striker as backup would make more sense one who'd not mind riding bench, having occasional starts and coming on in the latter stages of games. Not sure who that is in this moment or market (ala Fulkrug although i realize he's not available) but as a squad planning approach it seems obvious to me stacking the 9 with a top tier mega star and someone with a great deal of upside is eventually going to result in the second one wanting to get out of the other's shadow and have the chance at that regular starting role elsewhere.

Last edited:
Seems like a situation where having a solid veteran striker as backup would make more sense one who'd not mind riding bench, having occasional starts and coming on in the latter stages of games. Not sure who that is in this moment or market (ala Fulkrug although i realize he's not available) but as a squad planning approach it seems obvious to me stacking the 9 with a top tier mega star and someone with a great deal of upside is eventually going to result in the second one wanting to get out of the other's shadow and have the chance at that regular starting role elsewhere.
Or a top young up and comer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.