Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

positives for me

has good understanding with our Portuguese contingent and would be a breeze to settle in
Could play on the wing or as a am if needed, also as a striker
wages are not too high, he earns, like 100k per week
creative, would help with thru ball to Haaland, when KdB is not playing.
has minimal knowledge of Premier League

negatives

Has a injury history
Bobb might get less minutes
unknown figure if he does not play 3 games in a row.

You know he also played at Chelsea and Barcelona too, and did nothing of note at either.

We already have a Felix at the club, that Pep would have to get the best out of. His name is Kalvin, and we are trying to find a club to move him to. Don't the need another.
Chelsea and Barcelona are hardly well run clubs these days, Both clubs have bought and sold more than anybody in Europe over the last few years, Neither have had settled teams especially Chelsea along with numerous managers coming and going.

Truth be told neither of them have any idea of what they are doing In the transfer market, Both have bought players just for the sake of buying them with no structure in place.

If anybody can get the best out of Felix it's definitely Pep, I don't think we will sign Felix not even on loan, I just think there's definitely a player there if a manager can get the best out of him in a team and system that suits him.

People saying Felix is shit are being a bit short sighted imo. Atletico was a ridiculous move for him with the style of football they play. He was stuck out wide most of the time and told to work hard tracking back. He’ll be expected to work hard for City obviously, but in a more positive role. At City he’ll play a number of positions, including false 9 when Erling isn’t playing. He’ll also be surrounded by players that suit his game. For me, he offers more to the squad than Alvarez and would be a perfect Pep player. Love Alvarez, but he’s never a midfielder or wide forward.

I would take the swap. Alvarez wants out and will leave for £60/£70 million.

Felix coming in on a loan is no risk to us. If the player tunes into Pep and becomes an assist we have a bargain if not we don’t really lose anything.

Lot of games for everyone. Going back to the false 9 when Haaland is not available will be more than fine.

The player has been all over the place since his Madrid move turned to shit. Question marks over his ability and mentality will need to be answered.

You just never know… look at kdb before he settled down and Wolfsburg then city or he could be another Cancelo.

Last edited:
I would take the swap. Alvarez wants out and will leave for £60/£70 million.

Felix coming in on a loan is no risk to us. If the player tunes into Pep and becomes an assist we have a bargain if not we don’t really lose anything.

Lot of games for everyone. Going back to the false 9 when Haaland is not available will be more than fine.

The player has been all over the place since his Madrid move turned to shit.

Maybe at £75m, plus Felix on loan, plus they take Phillips on loan.

You know he also played at Chelsea and Barcelona too, and did nothing of note at either.

We already have a Felix at the club, that Pep would have to get the best out of. His name is Kalvin, and we are trying to find a club to move him to. Don't the need another.
With the greatest of respect to Felix, we are not in the market for players with a name profile and big transfer fee that you hope with a bit of coaching you might get them to where they were ~5 years ago.

We are in for the best players in the world (Haaland), players that could be the best players in the world with the right platform (Doku), or professionals that can come in and do a job with next to no coaching (Kova). We just don't need to do our shopping in that part of the aisle currently. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.