Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

With the greatest of respect to Felix, we are not in the market for players with a name profile and big transfer fee that you hope with a bit of coaching you might get them to where they were ~5 years ago.

We are in for the best players in the world (Haaland), players that could be the best players in the world with the right platform (Doku), or professionals that can come in and do a job with next to no coaching (Kova). We just don't need to do our shopping in that part of the aisle currently. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.

Exactly.

If Alvarez, who is basically Felix 5 years ago, reportedly wants to leave for more game time, what chance does Felix have needing regular minutes, confidence, a system that suits him and a manager to get something out of him. In a team filled with top players competing for spots.

People saying Felix is shit are being a bit short sighted imo. Atletico was a ridiculous move for him with the style of football they play. He was stuck out wide most of the time and told to work hard tracking back. He’ll be expected to work hard for City obviously, but in a more positive role. At City he’ll play a number of positions, including false 9 when Erling isn’t playing. He’ll also be surrounded by players that suit his game. For me, he offers more to the squad than Alvarez and would be a perfect Pep player. Love Alvarez, but he’s never a midfielder or wide forward.
I completely agree
Way more versatility in the attacking positions
His profile is what I always thought an Alvarez replacement should be

Never seen Felix have a decent game one of most overhyped players in my lifetime. Like a shit Bojan or Pato two other wonderkids who were less than wonderful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.