Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

You are talking about the people who sanctioned spending £48m on Phillips and £53m on Nunes. You may be right about Felix but nothing surprises me anymore.
What a dickish and ignorant thing to say. City’s signings and sales have been the bedrock for Peo’s success. We’ve got the vast majority right.

I just don't understand what Chelsea are doing, also after Osimhen, they want both

They are looking to sell that Fofana (striker) after 1 season where he was just on loan. Their strategy is just insane. I could understand selling homegrown players to bank the money and help with their existing amortisation, but to just buy more is madness

I like Alvarez as a player, and he's put out good numbers for us.
However he was ill advised if the comments regards reviewing his situation are true.
Recently, with Pep and Co in charge, we've been consistent in our approach. If you're not FULLY on board you can leave - can anyone name a top player who's career has taken an upward trajectory after leaving City (with Palmer we wait to see)??

If we wanted Kimmich or Wharton we have the cash, irrespective of Alvarez money.

But no space in the squad. Which is why selling Alvarez and getting Felix in for Pep to practice magic on, makes perfect sense.

Question: is this Felix deal still on or is it a cash only deal for Julian? Or are we looking at Felix regardless, and it's just a separate topic, a loan with an option to buy?

But no space in the squad. Which is why selling Alvarez and getting Felix in for Pep to practice magic on, makes perfect sense.
Genuine question - do you mean no space in terms of foreign spots or just minutes to go around? Off the top of my head I think we only have 14 foreign players (Ake and Bobb are HG I think, assuming Cancelo won't be registered) so potentially a few spots? We might not have any for the CL though now that I think about it

1. Ederson
2. Ortega
3. Akanji
4. Dias
5. Gvardiol
6. Rodri
7. Kovacic
8. Nunes
9. Doku
10. De Bruyne
11. Bernardo
12. Savio
13. Haaland
14. Alvarez

Felix would top both of those in the "bad transfers" table. Ridiculous to even have Nunes in there already tbh.
If we are daft enough to take Felix on loan I hope we push AMadrid to subsidise his wages as well. It’s only what clubs do to us!

We can't control what other teams choose to spend on players - and I don't think Bohley has a feckin clue how "soccer" works.
I've said in a different thread - Chelsea have brought in 7 players again this window. I just can't see what they're trying to do currently.
Maybe @Vialli98 has more insight??

We haven’t given Atleti any money. I think we had a bid of £20 something million rejected and we haven’t gone back in yet. They were demanding 70m or something crazy like that. The reports say we’re still interested but who knows if we’ll meet their asking price. My guess is not.

The 7 players you’re referring to is actually 5 players with 2 of them being for the academy or loan (Kellyman) Strasbourg (Wiley). Guiu is just a cheap 5m punt for the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.