Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Bobb is talented no doubt and had a great pre season but it’s a lot to put on his shoulders straight away over the course of a full season and champions league? A lot more minutes absolutely but if KDB gets injured a few times again and Savio takes time to get up to speed we need a proper option in there? Other players will need resting as well at times as the players looked fucked last season after Christmas and played all summer nearly again? The DM should be done anyway shouldn’t it but replace Alvarez and get that DM in and it would still be at worst a net zero spend?
A proper option? Bobb is playing at a far higher standard than Alvarez was when we bought him, same with Savio.

Alvarez was a decent back up to Haaland but stank the place out at 10. I don’t think we can get someone in that’s good enough to be Haaland’s back up, but is happy to get so few minutes if he remains fit. I’d much rather us revert to false 9 if he’s injured.

I’m actually very happy about this transfer for the above reasons and the opportunity it affords Bobb and Savio.

Personally think the 75m + add-ons is an exellent deal for us. Very good player but never starting over Haaland.

Allows for a mini-refresh of the squad and more minutes to Bobb in particular.

Expect we don’t replace him like for like and go to F9 in Haaland’s absence. Personally think Foden a few years on in his development from the last time could absolutely thrive in that position again.

Think we go for either a Bruno G type or activate Eze’s release clause don’t mind either option. Also don’t think it’s too late to hijack Olmo but don’t see the club going there.

I think Simeone believes Alvarez,Gallagher(or Javi Guerra),Le Normand and Sorloth and maybe even Joao Felix added to a squad that already has 5 World cup winners will do just that.
For the league title? Not seeing it...

Hope he’s actually replaced but wouldn’t be surprised one minute for us to look internally to replace him.

One more addition and the squad is fine. I’d also like a right-back but that’s a pipe dream.

Kovacic , O’Reilly gonna have to learn the Rodri role it seems at the moment.

In terms of "attacking players", we have:

Haaland, Foden, KdB, Doku, Savio, Grealish, Bobb, and McAtee.

Thats 8 players for 4 attacking spots. I dont think we need depth here unless as I mentioned elsewhere we get some tall older striker as a backup option.

Deeper in midfield we have:

Rodri, Bernie, Kovacic, Nunes and Nico.

Thats 5 players for 2 spots. Id argue this set of players has less quality than the attack.

So if we sign for a position, it need to be a defensive type midfielder, not an attacking one.

Driving to the dentist I’ve nearly crashed the car
That absolute wankstain O’Hara says it will be a good move,as Atletico are a bigger club than City, and he doesn’t get enough playing time at the Etihad

The guy wifed Danielle Lloyd after she had been spunked in and passed around by his spurs teammates, I wouldn't really trust his judgement on anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.