Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Fair question.

Don't think it would fall on one single individual. Like it didn't the season before we had Haaland.

The season before Haaland we had Sterling, Gundogan and Mahrez.

We've now got Grealish, Kovacic and Doku.

The difference in quality in front of goal is a gaping chasm.

If Erling and Phil are available for the majority of the season then we'll most likely be fine but if anything happens to them then we're relying on people who haven't shown that they can do it.

Okay, so forget the labels and let's talk about goals.

Who, based on what they've actually shown us, is capable of slotting in and getting around 20 goals if Erling or Phil have a long injury next season?
Which world-class 20+ goal a season striker is coming to sit on the bench and watch the Viking week in and week out and hoping for an injury to get his game time?

Give us a name that you want to see come here.

Also, if we give yo ua third name, will you then ask the same question and tack that name on in the game of IFS and BUTS?

Haaland, Foden, KDB (who has played the false 9) I would imagine Bernie could easily do a job, guy can play anywhere, Bobb could play there, has done for the youth teams, I could also see Nunes playing this role, even maybe a chance for McAtee, the role is all about getting the ball and laying it off, playing it through for a runner etc slightly more advanced AM, the position many think he is rather than a winger.

So what are we going to do if we are struck down by severe illness and can't field a team? :)

ps ideally I would rather keep Alvarez and I am pissed that somebody has been in his ear and turned him against the club and I certainly won't be one of those who say fuck him he was shit anyway when he leaves but we have to deal with it

If Erling and Phil are available for the majority of the season then we'll most likely be fine but if anything happens to them then we're relying on people who haven't shown that they can do it.

We had Grealish that season too. And now we also have savinho, and bobb to add to the mix.

But you make fair points. Let's see what happens.

If the right player is available, I'm sure the club will replace Alvarez. I'd rather they got the right player than got in someone like Eze. Felix would be a safee stop-gap, but juat don't think it would outweigh the risks, I'd rather risk it on Bobb.

Bernie, Sav, Bobb and McAtee all play out wide.

I believe this is the time for Bobb to get his chance, I don't want us to spunk 60m on Eze and for us to lose another potential superstar.

Being selective with names there.Did we struggle for goals last season?

Which world-class 20+ goal a season striker is coming to sit on the bench and watch the Viking week in and week out and hoping for an injury to get his game time?

Give us a name that you want to see come here.

I'd take someone of a similar standing to Alvarez.

Haaland, Foden, KDB (who has played the false 9) I would imagine Bernie could easily do a job, guy can play anywhere, Bobb could play there, has done for the youth teams, I could also see Nunes playing this role, even maybe a chance for McAtee

Haaland and Foden have been spoken about. Kev is old and his body has been declining. Bernardo doesn't add a whole lot in front of goal. Bobb hasn't shown he can consistently do it. Nunes could barely get in the side and is an utterly unremarkable player. McAtee struggles to stay involved throughout ninety minutes.

ps ideally I would rather keep Alvarez and I am pissed that somebody has been in his ear and turned him against the club and I certainly won't be one of those who say fuck him he was shit anyway when he leaves but we have to deal with it

I completely agree with this.

The problem I have is that saying "fuck it, we don't need a replacement" isn't dealing with it. It's ignoring an issue in the squad.

Being selective with names there.Did we struggle for goals last season?

Go on then, tell me which midfielder and two wingers we've signed in the last two years who are as prolific in front of goal as Mahrez, Sterling and Gundogan.

If you're comfortable depending on one of them to suddenly double their output and have a POTY season like Phil did then fair play to you but I don't see it as likely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.