Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I’m of the opinion to keep our powder dry if/when Hoolian leaves.
I really think Bob is already at his level for goals and assists if given the minutes. This lad has it.
It’s the work rate that we will miss but bob puts a shift in too.
If we bring somebody in they will want playing time. Bob may then want to do a Palmer
Got to give these kids a run.
As I have said previously, the club are probably asking themselves did they do enough to keep Palmer?
I think they have learnt from that situation
Mcatee is the one. It’s make or break for him. I think playing with better players around him will bring the best out of him.
He has goals and assists in abundance in him. Pep will work on his game when he does not have the ball.
He should easily reach James Maddison level and possibly beyond.
If it goes the other way he will be out on loan at Christmas and we can use the money.

I think you misunderstand the role of a false 9, that role isn't designed to be the goal scorer it is a provider role.

I'm fully aware of what a false nine is.

I simply don't think it's as viable an option now as it was a few years ago, when the supporting players had a track record of scoring plenty of goals.

Go on then, tell me which midfielder and two wingers we've signed in the last two years who are as prolific in front of goal as Mahrez, Sterling and Gundogan.

If you're comfortable depending on one of them to suddenly double their output and have a POTY season like Phil did then fair play to you but I don't see it as likely.
Why would we sign one last year when we had Foden stepping up and being a goalscoring midfielder ? He probably scored as many as Gundgan and Mahrez together last season.This year we may sign another player or we may trust Savio and Bobb to step up and replace Alvarez's input ,not a question of whether I'm comfortable, if Peps comfortable then I'm comfortable,if he isn't then we'll buy a replacement.

I simply don't think it's as viable an option now as it was a few years ago, when the supporting players had a track record of scoring plenty of goals.
No probs, I'll leave you to argue with the others for the rest of the day, I've said my opinion and given reasons, you don't agree, fair enough.

I'd take someone of a similar standing to Alvarez.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club brought in someone like that Jovan Mijatovic kid we were linked with, that the cfg got at NYC before other European clubs could. Someone that is young and could become the real deal (like alvarez), or could contribute for a couple years and then be sold at a profit (like alvarez).

Exactly, besides Foden and Haaland not many other players had a good scoring season. We don't have Gundo and Mahrez now to weigh in with goals when we played the false nine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.