Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I love City's Argies and Alvarez looked to be a fantastic talent but he's played a lot of football, is older than Haaland and much like Jesus has never looked prolific or likely to kick on. Runs his arse off, has immense quality, but he's not going to get the game time he wants and for that price it's excellent business. He'll go on and have a brilliant career but we can cope without him and it's a no-brainer to cash in for that sum.

I love City's Argies and Alvarez looked to be a fantastic talent but he's played a lot of football, is older than Haaland and much like Jesus has never looked prolific or likely to kick on. Runs his arse off, has immense quality, but he's not going to get the game time he wants and for that price it's excellent business. He'll go on and have a brilliant career but we can cope without him and it's a no-brainer to cash in for that sum.
You’re making too much sense mate

That pretty much nails it. He's not going to be a first choice player while the lanky guy is around, and that sort of fee (for essentially a squad player) is too good to turn down.

any sell on fee ? we should fucking put in 20% at least, because if things go well for him can see he bought out for 100m or above.
There’s not a chance Atlético would agree to insert a sell-on clause, when the fee is so high.

I’m very disappointed that Álvarez has decided to leave, but as Pep has said in the past, we won’t stand in the way of a player, who wants to move on.

Again, it’s tremendous business on our part, for a player, whom we bought for just over £20 million, but that’s what Pep brings with his ability to improve players.

Another plus is that it will open up opportunities for Oscar, James and Savinho.

Hopefully, we'll reinvest the money in an understudy for Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.