Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I’m going to be interested to see how he performs over there in Madrid, he’s certainly not got a good enough touch to play off the striker or in midfield so be good to see how he leads the line as their “star” forward.

Honestly, as much as I rated him, I don’t think he’s top top level, similar to like a Jesus.

Fair enough, you clearly disagree with the sale. Okay. Serious question (not wumming you); what would you like to have seen the club do in this situation, in these FFP/PSR times?
A week before the season? Our hand clearly forced by player and buying club - difficult - but we should foresee this and plan accordingly or head it off at the pass. For a club of our supposed stature and success, we don't half look unprepared at times. That said, the club have been out maneuvered, easily done at the price offered I suppose, but the money is a consolation, granted. Just disappointed Mate. No news or deflating news after deflating news recently.

I think he was a bit knackered and in need of some time off. As a young lad he'd played a full season in Argentina, joined us in January, then played in the World Cup as part of Argentina's winning side.

Back playing with us right up to the Champion's League final then playing more minutes last season than most players due to Erling's injuries and his great form early on.

He's now played and won the Copa America (for the second time). He's the only player in the history of football to win a treble in Europe and the World Cup, at 24 years old he's virtually won the lot, I wish him well as I suspect most Blues do
Yeah I wish him well for sure, but I’m not remotely upset he wants out as I believe we’ve better options at 10 and really don’t mind playing a false 9 when Haaland is injured.

what was our previous club record fee for selling? Torres, Jesus, Sane, Sterling all went for kind of similar money ...

A week before the season? Our hand clearly forced by player and buying club - difficult - but we should foresee this and plan accordingly or head it off at the pass. For a club of our supposed stature and success, we don't half look unprepared at times. That said, the club have been out maneuvered, easily done at the price offered I suppose, but the money is a consolation, granted. Just disappointed Mate. No news or deflating news after deflating news recently.
I'm assuming/hoping that the club has some contingency plan. Going into the season with only one recognised forward isn't ideal, I'll give you that. Mind you, we've won titles with no out and out forward after we lost Sergio ( I'm not sure Gabby could be classed as an out and out forward). As I said, I wasn't wumming you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.