Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

A great deal for all involved and best of luck to him. If Haaland was to go one day and Alvarez was banging in goals for fun at Atletico I could see him coming back.

The club must really, really believe in Bobb and Savinho's ability to play across the front three. Very excited and interested to see if they're right. Looks like it's sink or swim time for some of the academy!

We’re so well organised now that there’ll surely be a list of replacements to go for.

I trust Pep and the rest of the men in suits to get this right as they have done on many occasions.
Always repeat the Pep mantra: "If they don't want to play for City they don't have to." I thought it was inevitable when I heard he had opted to play in the Olympics. I wish Julian well though and think he wll be a great signing for Atleti. Rather he went there than Real.

Always repeat the Pep mantra: "If they don't want to play for City they don't have to." I thought it was inevitable when I heard he had opted to play in the Olympics. I wish Julian well though and think he wll be a great signing for Atleti. Rather he went there than Real.

Madrid don’t need him having signed Mbappe.

Great Deal. Top player but I always thought when he played as a 10 we struggled. He is never going to replace Haaland as 1st choice so it's a great deal all round.
Definitely not a 10. He is really a central striker and too good to be back-up for Haaland. It looks like City are going back to proper wingers this season anyway so his game time would have been limited.

We have obviously planned to be without Alvarez until September anyway, so him being sold doesn’t actually affect our August plans.

It’s also feasible that the club now see Bobb as being as good as Alvarez and we gain £80m to allow him his chance to shine.

If it doesn’t work out, we aren’t short of other attacking options and could dip into the market as required.
I love Bobb's potential, but a half dozen good showings over the last year doesn't even put him in the same breath as Alvarez. Maybe he will, but maybe not. That's a lot of goals to replace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.