Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Do you think McAtee is capable of playing at this level?

Personally I think the jury is out on McAtee, I'd love to see him succeed at City, I'm sure there's only one way of finding out if he's capable and that's by giving him game time.

It's very hard to judge the lad having loan spells at Sheffield United a team who was very anti football.
It’s no big problem keeping McAtee with the squad as club trained he’d be behind Foden and KDB as a 10 so he’ll get minutes without needing to rely on him so a chance to see how he does over a season.
@twosips seems to think he’s a player that will rise in level as he plays and trains with better players ,players more suited to his game,and grows in confidence.

It’s no big problem keeping McAtee with the squad as club trained he’d be behind Foden and KDB as a 10 so he’ll get minutes without needing to rely on him so a chance to see how he does over a season.
@twosips seems to think he’s a player that will rise in level as he plays and trains with better players ,players more suited to his game,and grows in confidence.
Hopefully he's correct.

I'd love to see him getting game time at City especially him being a lad that came through the academy it's always nice to see.

Normally Pep is reluctant to send these lads out on loan for example Phil Foden when he was first coming through and Palmer who he eventually sold as he didn't want him going on loan either. It always seemed Pep would prefer to have the youngsters in and around the first team who thinks is good enough like Foden, Rico, Bobb ect

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully McAtee being in and around the first team will improve his game and it works out well for him. I'm happy enough to see any City kid getting game time.

No need to replace him
Oscar, Savio & Mcatee will take his minutes
Of course there's a need to replace him, we wouldn't have signed him to begin with if we didn't need a backup.

If Haaland is out, which one of those 3 is starting upfront for us in say a champions league quarter final?

We play with a striker, we've spent the last 2 windows signing wingers that can compliment that, it would be madness to then go into the season with just one striker.

Hopefully he's correct.

I'd love to see him getting game time at City especially him being a lad that came through the academy it's always nice to see.

Normally Pep is reluctant to send these lads out on loan for example Phil Foden when he was first coming through and Palmer who he eventually sold as he didn't want him going on loan either. It always seemed Pep would prefer to have the youngsters in and around the first team who thinks is good enough like Foden, Rico, Bobb ect

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully McAtee being in and around the first team will improve his game and it works out well for him. I'm happy enough to see any City kid getting game time.
Guessing here but McAtee after 2 years of first team football seems to want to stay at City this year regardless of minutes and hasn’t agitated for another loan or move. Can only assume that Pep has spoken to him and told him he wants him around the team and getting minutes. Just a conclusion I’ve jumped to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.