Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Do you think McAtee is capable of playing at this level?

Personally I think the jury is out on McAtee, I'd love to see him succeed at City, I'm sure there's only one way of finding out if he's capable and that's by giving him game time.

It's very hard to judge the lad having loan spells at Sheffield United a team who was very anti football.

Had a year where the team got promoted a year where they got relegated! That's first team experience ups and downs how hard it is with a poor team/squad

Scored a goal and two assists in preseason against good opposition!

Pep has seen it in him and why he said what he did about him and O'Reily,

Guessing here but McAtee after 2 years of first team football seems to want to stay at City this year regardless of minutes and hasn’t agitated for another loan or move. Can only assume that Pep has spoken to him and told him he wants him around the team and getting minutes. Just a conclusion I’ve jumped to.
You could well be correct.

I seen McAtee interview on the tour, He was saying he's happy just to be around the 1st team and learning from the players.

He's hoping to stay at City this season and continue to learn, So he obviously thinks he can develop further from being around the 1st team and hopefully getting game time along the way.

Time will tell over the next few weeks I suppose.

Of course there's a need to replace him, we wouldn't have signed him to begin with if we didn't need a backup.

If Haaland is out, which one of those 3 is starting upfront for us in say a champions league quarter final?

We play with a striker, we've spent the last 2 windows signing wingers that can compliment that, it would be madness to then go into the season with just one striker.
that would be Foden or SIlva most likely.

Of course there's a need to replace him, we wouldn't have signed him to begin with if we didn't need a backup.

If Haaland is out, which one of those 3 is starting upfront for us in say a champions league quarter final?

We play with a striker, we've spent the last 2 windows signing wingers that can compliment that, it would be madness to then go into the season with just one striker.
Well we signed him 2 years ago before Savio, Bobb and even McAtee,not to metion Foden kicking on. So there may or may not be a need but the fact we needed Alvarez 2 years ago has nothing to do with it.
Alvarez has been very good for us and will be a top player,I’d like him to stay for now, but I think his reputation and fee are inflated partly because he’s been lucky to be in the right teams at the right time and collected trophies for fun.

Had a year where the team got promoted a year where they got relegated! That's first team experience ups and downs how hard it is with a poor team/squad

Scored a goal and two assists in preseason against good opposition!

Pep has seen it in him and why he said what he did about him and O'Reily,
I felt Sheffield United was a strange loan move considering the difference in McAtee and Sheffield United style of play although maybe other parts of his game improved being at Sheffield United along with getting first team football.

I thought McAtee done really well in pre-season, I think this season is make or break really, I'd love to see him kick on from this season onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.