Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

that would be Foden or SIlva most likely.
But Silva is both our best right winger and best Rodri partner and foden has established himself as a 10. You're taking key players from their best positions to do a job that's not going to get the best from them. That's something you resort to in a crisis, that should not be the plan for the entire season if one single player is unavailable.

Well we signed him 2 years ago before Savio, Bobb and even McAtee,not to metion Foden kicking on. So there may or may not be a need but the fact we needed Alvarez 2 years ago has nothing to do with it.
Alvarez has been very good for us and will be a top player,I’d like him to stay for now, but I think his reputation and fee are inflated partly because he’s been lucky to be in the right teams at the right time and collected trophies for fun.
Those players coming in lends partly to my point. It's relevant because we had planned to go in this direction back then and even when we were geared up to play the false 9 if we had to, we still opted to sign 2 strikers. Fast forward to now, we no longer have the players suited to play a false 9 and we've acquired players since then who compliment having a focal striker.

Nobody is suited to that role, foden's probably the only one who could do it to a good enough standard for any length of time but then we're moving the premier league player of the year from his best position.

We also don't have the support to play it, Sterling goes largely uncredited for his role, he got into the box to be that striker at times and scored bucket load of goals from the wing. Who is doing that? Grealish isn't doing that, Doku isn't doing that, we're not putting the pressure of scoring a goal every 2 games on Bobb or Mcatee, and savio I'm not putting any expectations on this season.

Who is also scoring the 15-20 goals gundogan got in that system? Kovacic isn't doing that, bernardo will chip in but nowhere near to the same extent. We don't have a lot of goals in the side outside of our strikers and foden, take away our striker and there isn't enough goals to be winning trophies.

Bollocks , it is a standard thing to get the best salary you can get , you would wouldnt you ?
No actually I've taken work for less money because the job suited me better at that time, It ticked all the boxes even though I could have earned 20k more elsewhere, obviously he's not going to want a pay cut, but he said he wants more minutes on the pitch, he needs that time he said he wanted to think about whats more Important.

Alvarez and Ederson are both currently on £100k/wk.

KDB our highest earner Screenshot_20240806-174248_Chrome.jpgis on £400k/wk (other players as attached image)

But Silva is both our best right winger and best Rodri partner and foden has established himself as a 10. You're taking key players from their best positions to do a job that's not going to get the best from them. That's something you resort to in a crisis, that should not be the plan for the entire season if one single player is unavailable.
I tend to agree but it wont be the kids taking that role. was more my point. Nor are we signing another pure 9 imo

Just the merry dance of negotiations - from all accounts now only a bit apart, it will get done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.