Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Great business from City.

My prediction is, we will now stick what what we have in the squad.

I can't see any more signings coming in the door this summer.

We rushed with signings last summer, particularly the Matheus Nunes signing. If we're being honest, we would have still won the league without Nunes in the squad. He didn't play an integral role at all.

I can see City not making the same mistake this time around. We will wait for the right opportunity in the transfer market.

There isn't a player that stands out as an absolute no brainer.

We will top the pot up for a Musiala or Wirtz assault next summer.

Let's hope this is the season James McAtee can take his opportunity. Would love nothing more than to see McAtee, Bobb and Rico Lewis kick on and become integral members of the squad.

Would be great to see O'Reilly get some opportunities too.

I tend to agree but it wont be the kids taking that role. was more my point. Nor are we signing another pure 9 imo
I agree it won't be the kids filling in, that was a direct response to the poster I quoted who was suggesting bobb, mcatee and savio will take Alvarez's minutes.

The reality is with no replacement, it will be foden in the false 9 and we almost suffer three times over by doing that, obviously foden as a makeshift forward isn't haaland but we also lose the POTY from that 10 position and the wingers lose their effectiveness as they're no longer supplying haaland or Alvarez.

I too don't expect a replacement but I think it will be a costly decision.

Great business from City.

My prediction is, we will now stick what what we have in the squad.

I can't see any more signings coming in the door this summer.

We rushed with signings last summer, particularly the Matheus Nunes signing. If we're being honest, we would have still won the league without Nunes in the squad. He didn't play an integral role at all.

I can see City not making the same mistake this time around. We will wait for the right opportunity in the transfer market.

There isn't a player that stands out as an absolute no brainer.

We will top the pot up for a Musiala or Wirtz assault next summer.

Let's hope this is the season James McAtee can take his opportunity. Would love nothing more than to see McAtee, Bobb and Rico Lewis kick on and become integral members of the squad.

Would be great to see O'Reilly get some opportunities too.
I think you may be right but in my opinion we need to sign an able deputy to provide cover for Rodri

I agree it won't be the kids filling in, that was a direct response to the poster I quoted who was suggesting bobb, mcatee and savio will take Alvarez's minutes.

The reality is with no replacement, it will be foden in the false 9 and we almost suffer three times over by doing that, obviously foden as a makeshift forward isn't haaland but we also lose the POTY from that 10 position and the wingers lose their effectiveness as they're no longer supplying haaland or Alvarez.

I too don't expect a replacement but I think it will be a costly decision.
Punt on a Kilicsoy etc would be my move, someone who plays a natural 9, wont complain about minutes and can play elsewhere etc

Expect Bobb to be given that CF role, he's done it before.

I think you may be right but in my opinion we need to sign an able deputy to provide cover for Rodri

There absolutely no player in the market avalaible atm to be a cover for Rodri.

Even if it was, why the player in question wants to compete in same spot if he can do it in another top team where he can be the main guy not just being simply used as cover for someone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.