Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Alvarez would be a regular in any team, and imho an upgrade on Gabby, with his age now he would have been a star for us for years to come but also having achieved so much, so young understand why he has gone to be first choice.

I wish him the best of luck and a great career
"Alvarez would be a regular in any team"

I loved him, a great pro and very good player but I would question the above statement for any top side and even more so for an elite side.

He is a wonderful squad player, he reminds me of Solskjær in the prime reds era, great bench player but not a starter.

Atletico is a good move for him but will they ever seriously challenge Real or Barca?

"Alvarez would be a regular in any team"

I loved him, a great pro and very good player but I would question the above statement for any top side and even more so for an elite side.

He is a wonderful squad player, he reminds me of Solskjær in the prime reds era, great bench player but not a starter.

Atletico is a good move for him but will they ever seriously challenge Real or Barca?
alvarez is a very good player but i agree with you in that he has very much benefitted from time and positioning to amass the trophies and standing that he has and it has turned his head into wanting to be something that he isnt same as with jesus, i wish him the best but i dont think he is a regular in any team tbf just an extremely good squad player.

alvarez is a very good player but i agree with you in that he has very much benefitted from time and positioning to amass the trophies and standing that he has and it has turned his head into wanting to be something that he isnt same as with jesus, i wish him the best but i dont think he is a regular in any team tbf just an extremely good squad player.
Jesus is now in exactly the same position at Arsenal that he was with us.

Another great pro but ultimately not good enough as a regular starter at a top club.

But as with Alvarez he is considerably richer, I think Jesus is pulling in 250K a week at the Arse!!

It's great business. Goodbye and good luck to him - a very good player, and a very good fee received. He's done well out of City and vice versa. Won everything, and I hope he does well at Atletico. Can't blame him for moving on as a 3rd season as 2nd fiddle to Haaland, when he's got a big signing-on fee and a number 1 spot dangling in front of him - it's too good an option for him to refuse.
Typical Argentine attitude - he always gave us 100%.

Good fee for a great player. I'd really have loved to have seen him at City for a bit longer but I think we're not the best fit for eachother. I think when you have someone like Haaland in the you're better off having great attacking midfielders/forwards who can chip in with goalsehen needed as back up.

Alvarez is kind of the opoosite. He's a goal scorer being asked to do some work in midfield. I imagine we'll bring in a forward minded player who scores goals but isnt an out and out striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.