Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

He's not fulfilled his potential and his end product disappoints, but there's no way you can look at Felix play football and think he's shit, surely? One of the most naturally gifted players of his generation.

I do, sorry. I look at him and see a player who had a good season as a teenager against Liga NOS defences but ultimately isn't even close to being good enough for a Champions League side.

Lots of players have great seasons in their teenage years but turn out to be a long way off the required level. In my opinion he is one of them. And I don't personally see this natural gift to be honest.

I’ll be sorry to see him go. I’m a bit disappointed he didn’t give us one more season. After all, he’s played for the best team and manager in the world. He’s won loads and got a decent amount of football.

I’ll be sorry to see him go. I’m a bit disappointed he didn’t give us one more season. After all, he’s played for the best team and manager in the world. He’s won loads and got a decent amount of football.
He is right though, he didn’t play the big games, and wasn’t going to displace the big Norwegian. Maybe a good sign Erling is hanging around for a while

He is right though, he didn’t play the big games, and wasn’t going to displace the big Norwegian. Maybe a good sign Erling is hanging around for a while

He was given game time, 103 games, 36 as sub, 36 goals,

Let's Be honest here, The players that were in front of him had plenty of games and years under their belts at the club, Also Alvarez was new to European football and Premier League football and had to settle fast into life at City.

We have seen over the last couple of days stories about PSG and Atletico and struggling to sort out his wage demands and PSG reported offering £10million net per season and Atletico is a couple of million short in their offer and that is why all of the hold up getting over the line.

As I said earlier Alvarez was given an improved contract early this year and happy, Then the summer happened and away on international duty and stories started to drop about him not being happy at City and big game time,

Look Alvarez is world-class and will score goals everywhere he goes, But when you hear stories about game time and getting new contract handed out 2 years before the old one runs out sounds like somebody likes the BIG money.

If he wants a guaranteed start and big-game football then money is not the issue, You would happily take a pay cut over sitting on the bench every week,

He was given game time, 103 games, 36 as sub, 36 goals,

Let's Be honest here, The players that were in front of him had plenty of games and years under their belts at the club, Also Alvarez was new to European football and Premier League football and had to settle fast into life at City.

We have seen over the last couple of days stories about PSG and Atletico and struggling to sort out his wage demands and PSG reported offering £10million net per season and Atletico is a couple of million short in their offer and that is why all of the hold up getting over the line.

As I said earlier Alvarez was given an improved contract early this year and happy, Then the summer happened and away on international duty and stories started to drop about him not being happy at City and big game time,

Look Alvarez is world-class and will score goals everywhere he goes, But when you hear stories about game time and getting new contract handed out 2 years before the old one runs out sounds like somebody likes the BIG money.

If he wants a guaranteed start and big-game football then money is not the issue, You would happily take a pay cut over sitting on the bench every week,
Probably a bit of both. Minimal CL game time, rarely started as Striker, played less than a half in May.

Away with the NT, teammates talk and bang Madrid at the table.

Liked him a lot , done a decent job when called upon , outstanding ? No Thanks Julian and good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.