Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

He was given game time, 103 games, 36 as sub, 36 goals,

Let's Be honest here, The players that were in front of him had plenty of games and years under their belts at the club, Also Alvarez was new to European football and Premier League football and had to settle fast into life at City.

We have seen over the last couple of days stories about PSG and Atletico and struggling to sort out his wage demands and PSG reported offering £10million net per season and Atletico is a couple of million short in their offer and that is why all of the hold up getting over the line.

As I said earlier Alvarez was given an improved contract early this year and happy, Then the summer happened and away on international duty and stories started to drop about him not being happy at City and big game time,

Look Alvarez is world-class and will score goals everywhere he goes, But when you hear stories about game time and getting new contract handed out 2 years before the old one runs out sounds like somebody likes the BIG money.

If he wants a guaranteed start and big-game football then money is not the issue, You would happily take a pay cut over sitting on the bench every week,
As I said he didn’t play THE BIG GAMES

As I said he didn’t play THE BIG GAMES

Then take a pay cut to sign for Atletico, If it was me and wanting to play, then a club offered you what you are getting at City and will be the number 1 striker you wouldn't be moaning about a couple of million less.

Alvarez's statement does not add up, Big games wanted to play the big games, then walk on burning coals to move.
Look City fans are not daft, More Money is involved in all of this, City was not paying him peanuts by the way

Probably a bit of both. Minimal CL game time, rarely started as Striker, played less than a half in May.

Away with the NT, teammates talk and bang Madrid at the table.

But don't take Pep and City for fools in his statement, More Money was his motivation in forcing this move

Then take a pay cut to sign for Atletico, If it was me and wanting to play, then a club offered you what you are getting at City and will be the number 1 striker you wouldn't be moaning about a couple of million less.

Alvarez's statement does not add up, Big games wanted to play the big games, then walk on burning coals to move.
Look City fans are not daft, More Money is involved in all of this, City was not paying him peanuts by the way
It's always about the money, why was Ederson and KDB considering leaving for Saudi....

Jesus when he went to Arsenal almost trebled his wages and the same will be the same for Alvarez at Atletico.

Will be interesting to see if atletico actually come up with the money, let’s wait and see.

It's always about the money, why was Ederson and KDB considering leaving for Saudi....

Jesus when he went to Arsenal almost trebled his wages and the same will be the same for Alvarez at Atletico.

Ok Jessie J.

Great price for our reserve striker.
The lad has won it all with us, apart from league Cup.
He comes across as a shy and unassuming young man but you don’t achieve what he’s accomplished without having an inner belief that you are the best of the best. Unfortunately for him he plays in a club team that has the best number 9 in the world and that must stick in his throat when he sits on the bench in the biggest games, when our other players are available.
Our system doesn’t necessarily work to his advantage whereas playing for Argentina suits his style perfectly.
He’s going to be the star player at Athletico, the team will be built around him and he’ll be a guaranteed starter.
I say fair play to the lad, good luck and thanks for your efforts whilst you pulled the blue shirt on. He’ll move on, we’ll move on, as we always do.
And we’ve made a lovely few quid in the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.