Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Might as well sit on the cash and blow the lot next season on musiala and another midfielder there’s no point in buying for sake of it doesn’t end well

Or offer Arsenal about £120m for Odegaard.
I was all for spending the money for replacements but a replacement in our squad means virtually world class and if we don’t bring in that quality of player they stick out like sore thumb and we underuse them because of it so it’s pointless really

If all he wanted was more money we would have given it to him.

Not this time, He only just got a pay rise early this year, Like I said City are no fools, When a player has been tapped up and offered double wages you walk away and let them leave, Alvarez was treated very well at City and even his family was looked after by the club,

The thing I don't like is the press release by Alvarez, It sort of went behind Pep's back and blamed it on the lack of big games, Pep was rocked in an interview when it came out in the USA in pre-season, He was Mad and did very well to control himself and said all the right things, He's still a City player,

Agree with the above and holding the cash. I doubt anyone is going to release their best player now given they would have to go into the market late and with other clubs knowing they were desperate. Best player is what we need - the level we are at means that aside from kids its the jewel in the crown we go after. Lets wait and be savvy and learn our lesson from signings like Nunes. Give our youth a chance in the interim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.