Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

About 106 games in 2 seasons and 36 goals, So if you break that down it's like 50-odd games a season and 18 goals
Alvarez got game time at City, if you think about it a young lad without experience in European football and Premier League football, So 100-odd games in 2 seasons is plenty of game time.

City giving him a better pay rise early this year in a new contract sort of stinks of being tapped up, rumours are they offered him double what he was on at City.

The lack of game time myth is the easy way out and it sort gives Pep a slap in the face to say you never played me

Pretty sure that Pep has seen these situations with players before and won't be losing too much sleep over the transfer.

There were times when Alvarez was played out of position and looked lost and ungainly, although he always tried his best imo , so no doubt whatever plans the club has, they will try to find a solution which suits the team best.

Could be an interesting end to the end of the window or the opportunity for somebody already at the club to step up.

About 106 games in 2 seasons and 36 goals, So if you break that down it's like 50-odd games a season and 18 goals
Alvarez got game time at City, if you think about it a young lad without experience in European football and Premier League football, So 100-odd games in 2 seasons is plenty of game time.

City giving him a better pay rise early this year in a new contract sort of stinks of being tapped up, rumours are they offered him double what he was on at City.

The lack of game time myth is the easy way out and it sort gives Pep a slap in the face to say you never played me
You can also add in the fact that he's played in Copa Americas, World Cups, Olympics, as well as the large amount he was playing for River Plate before he joined City.

You could argue that Pep was trying to manage his playing time, as he'd be dead on his feet at 27 or 28, if he continues to play every single minute of football available, especially the way he plays the game.

I'm not sure the way that we play suits his natural game, but I think his combative nature will suit Atletico, although he could well be out on his feet in a few years if he's not looked after.

Pretty sure that Pep has seen these situations with players before and won't be losing too much sleep over the transfer.

There were times when Alvarez was played out of position and looked lost and ungainly, although he always tried his best imo , so no doubt whatever plans the club has, they will try to find a solution which suits the team best.

Could be an interesting end to the end of the window or the opportunity for somebody already at the club to step up.
he was mostly played out of position and then not at all, pretty simple he wants to be a striker 24/7 and has been offered it.

he was mostly played out of position and then not at all, pretty simple he wants to be a striker 24/7 and has been offered it.

And with the club happy with the fee received, I hope he can find that role with AM ( even though I don't like their style of play )

Same happened with Jesus, he went to Arsenal to be the main man, after his first season it came out he is on 250k week!!

A few on here were in denial that he was leaving.

And you don't sign a contract extension 6 months earlier then moan about lack of game time when you had near;y as many minutes as any player.

23/24 Final league game, needing a win to win the league: unused sub

23/24 FA Cup final: came on as sub midway through the 2nd half

22/23 FA Cup final: unused sub

22/23 Champions League final: unused sub.

I wouldnt be surprised if game time is the main thing. It's not the playing against the likes of Fulham and Brentford that he gives a shit about, he wants to play in the biggest games. He just knows that Pep doesn't see him as his best option in any position. Good luck to him in Spain.

23/24 Final league game, needing a win to win the league: unused sub

23/24 FA Cup final: came on as sub midway through the 2nd half

22/23 FA Cup final: unused sub

22/23 Champions League final: unused sub.

I wouldnt be surprised if game time is the main thing. It's not the playing against the likes of Fulham and Brentford that he gives a shit about, he wants to play in the biggest games. He just knows that Pep doesn't see him as his best option in any position. Good luck to him in Spain.
And in defence of Pep when he played in the New Year he was utter crap, his form had fallen off the cliff, for me that was down to fatigue, he has played non stop for 3 years and thus his decision to go to the Olympics after the Copa was a very poor choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.