Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Has he ever been the man in any of his teams?

Messi is pretty high profile!
Still played upfront though, same at River. we play with one striker and he's not shifting him soon. Think its a bit early to be complaining about it but i can see his point.

starting only 2 champions league games was a very surprising stat to me.

Think we're willing to let him go but it's a case of there only being a handful of elite teams he'd move to and his availability not currently aligning with their needs. If we cant sell him this window it won't be the same as not selling Phillips and Cancelo where we'll be paying massive wages out and getting nothing out of them in return. He'll get plenty of minutes and make a decent contribution.

If it's true that we want 60m + add ons then that's a really good price for a player of his profile.
agree

Actually I don't think Alvarez profile suits our squad that well if the team will be build around Halaand. We need a back up striker better at headers and he does not need to be a high profile one. If we can get 60M and spend some at the backup and some + the money selling Cancelo and Philips towards a backup CM it will be a good window.

agree

Actually I don't think Alvarez profile suits our squad that well if the team will be build around Halaand. We need a back up striker better at headers and he does not need to be a high profile one. If we can get 60M and spend some at the backup and some + the money selling Cancelo and Philips towards a backup CM it will be a good window.
The team isn’t built around Haaland, in many ways the team is more suited to Alvarez. Because Haaland is exceptional we make some sacrifices to accommodate him. For any other similar centre forward we wouldn’t. If and when we replace Alvarez it won’t be with a centre forward anything like Haaland. If the time comes to replace Haaland and we still have Pep then I’d expect a player more like Alvarez than Haaland to come in.

agree

Yeah I think he's a really good player but we don't get the best out of him when we try and fit him into different positions. For that reason I wouldn't mind selling him but I also don't think the situation is bad enough that we need to have our pants pulled down.

Can't see us getting any fee at all Cancelo or Philips.

Unless a Haaland renewal is on the cards don’t see us selling Alvarez.

On a side note, hopefully those talks are on-going as I can’t see anyone in the market who could afford him.

So a renewal would be most welcome.

That and I can imagine Real are in his ear to run his contract down and go on a free.

I couldn’t believe myself but I was actually happy Lille sold that player to United, as it was clear Real where trying the same with him.

I have special dislike for that club now!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.