Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

He was highly valued by Pep which makes his actions even more bizarre.

While I am sure it is great fun holding onto all that pent up rage over a tweet ;),
He didn't really say anything wrong, it was selectively clipped for twitter purposes, and it is no different to what many players have said over the years, and kept playing well for Pep.

He may well leave, if someone comes with a good offer. It won't be because of a comment he made though. And if nobody caughs up, he will stay, and play, and Pep won't marginalise him.

While I am sure it is great fun holding onto all that pent up rage over a tweet ;),
He didn't really say anything wrong, it was selectively clipped for twitter purposes, and it is no different to what many players have said over the years, and kept playing well for Pep.

He may well leave, if someone comes with a good offer. It won't be because of a comment he made though. And if nobody caughs up, he will stay, and play, and Pep won't marginalise him.
A happy player or even a player with concerns about his future game time does not go public, go and speak to the club, either Txiki or Pep, it's very easy and I would imagine they are very approachable.

His behaviour or more of his reps is shockingly poor, even more so when he signed an extension 6 months ago.

For me the thing he did wrong was saying to his national media ‘I will review my position at the end of the season’ that is implying he may be looking to move. No need to say that to the media.

For me the thing he did wrong was saying to his national media ‘I will review my position at the end of the season’ that is implying he may be looking to move. No need to say that to the media.

Context mate. Context.

He said 'he will think about it' after the Olympics. While asked about his future AT the Olympics. He went on to say he is focusing on the Olympics, is happy with the minutes he played, wants to play more in important games. And then went on to follow up that he reflects on his future every season and that he is happy at City.

It was maybe naive, in the sense it left room for how it can be framed. But no more naive that people here falling for how it has been framed.

Some on here are nuts. His agent does the normal "looking at options" and the internet (and Bluemoon) melts down.
Talk like here can sometimes fuel the fire and make thing happen that might not have.

He is a top player. I think i only reserve not calling him world class, because i don't think we have seen the best of him yet.
I want him to stay.
But i do feel we need to see the best of him this season. if it doesn't happen, then maybe then it would be better for each of us to part ways.
Until then, he's ours and anybody wanting him will have to pay top money. Simple as that.
Can't see when all are available how he gets a regular start. He will not get picked ahead of a number of players either as a 9 out wide or as he seems to have appeared last season in a deeper position. He is a useful squad member who works hard has an eye for goal but is not likely to get on most team sheets for big games. I would say that he would find himself in a similar position at most of the top European teams. If the lad is not happy with his lot it's best he moves on.

Context mate. Context.

He said 'he will think about it' after the Olympics. While asked about his future AT the Olympics. He went on to say he is focusing on the Olympics, is happy with the minutes he played, wants to play more in important games. And then went on to follow up that he reflects on his future every season and that he is happy at City.

It was maybe naive, in the sense it left room for how it can be framed. But no more naive that people here falling for how it has been framed.

Maybe. Suppose those comments can be interpreted in different ways. If he is looking for a move then I would say he knew what he was doing. We shall see.

Maybe. Suppose those comments can be interpreted in different ways. If he is looking for a move then I would say he knew what he was doing. We shall see.

Either way, I have no issue with it. If he really is angling for a move, then he has arsed it up by saying he will think about it after the Olympics, and that comment should anger his potential suitors as much as it has angered @Keeper! .

Any move will hinge on a fee being produced for him, not on what twitter said he said.

Alvarez is good but he isn't a bonafide star so if 80M or around this comes in and he's open to leaving then he's gone. He is replaceable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.