Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Bigger than with us, what from Atletico? Doubt it. Do you know something?
You don't make public statements and get your agent stirring the pot unless you have an offer(s) on the table.

He has several and the game time issue is a crock.

Can't see when all are available how he gets a regular start. He will not get picked ahead of a number of players either as a 9 out wide or as he seems to have appeared last season in a deeper position. He is a useful squad member who works hard has an eye for goal but is not likely to get on most team sheets for big games. I would say that he would find himself in a similar position at most of the top European teams. If the lad is not happy with his lot it's best he moves on.
Rarely are we all healthy though and players frequently need a game or two off here and there. He will get plenty of playing time if he's playing well.

You know this how?
Come on , I think you know the game well enough, players/agents don't start trouble for no reason.

He signed a contract extension 6 months ago on far better terms, he was delighted to do that.

You don't make the excuse of game time when you played the second highest number of minutes last season and when you did miss out, it was because his personal form had dropped off the cliff as the season went on, for me that was down to fatigue.

He has an offer(s) and he wants out, but it's up to him to sort out a transfer fee and quickly that's acceptable to our club.

You don't make public statements and get your agent stirring the pot unless you have an offer(s) on the table.

What has his agent publicly said?

What has his agent publicly said?
Where have all the stories come from in the press?

He has an offer from Atletico but they won't pay our asking price, his agents are clearly trying to rock the boat.

I believe the club advised him he would be better having a holiday after the Copa rather than going to the Olympics, and we know what he did. That in my opinion was a stupid move by him, the guy has played almost non stop for 3 years, he looked shattered during the second half of last season.

Come on , I think you know the game well enough, players/agents don't start trouble for no reason.

He signed a contract extension 6 months ago on far better terms, he was delighted to do that.

You don't make the excuse of game time when you played the second highest number of minutes last season and when you did miss out, it was because his personal form had dropped off the cliff as the season went on, for me that was down to fatigue.

He has an offer(s) and he wants out, but it's up to him to sort out a transfer fee and quickly that's acceptable to our club.
I don't know the man, and he may very well have offers.What I can't say for sure if it's financial or ambition though. Nobody can,I can see though if he looks at our squad he can be fairly certain if we are playing a big game or final and everyone is fit he will most likely start on the bench, you only need to look in the various threads on her,nobody has him in a starting 11.
So yes could be money but just as likely maybe more that it's down to ambition to be a first choice starter

That's just not true, Loads of palyers do.

He answered a direct question during a conpetition in what I take as an attempt to defer it. Naive maybe, but not malicious or provicative. Certainly not disrespectful in any way. I'd go as far as saying it is disrespectful to claim he isn't allowed to talk about his targets.

I doubt he will get a better offer than he has with us, having as you note recently bumped up. Unless maybe from Saudi but there had been zero mention of that.

I believe him, for what it is worth, that he wants to play in the bigger games, that minutes are not an issue but the games are, and that he is happy here though, snd won't think about it till after the Olympics. Which is what he said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.