Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I don't know the man, and he may very well have offers.What I can't say for sure if it's financial or ambition though. Nobody can,I can see though if he looks at our squad he can be fairly certain if we are playing a big game or final and everyone is fit he will most likely start on the bench, you only need to look in the various threads on her,nobody has him in a starting 11.
So yes could be money but just as likely maybe more that it's down to ambition to be a first choice starter
I disagree, Pep clearly loves him and has given him a lot of game time.

We have an ageing injury prone KDB and Haaland get a lot of niggles, he, Alvarez in form, fit and refreshed would get plenty of games in the best club side in the world.

I disagree, Pep clearly loves him and has given him a lot of game time.

We have an ageing injury prone KDB and Haaland get a lot of niggles, he, Alvarez in form, fit and refreshed would get plenty of games in the best club side in the world.

That I agree with entirely.

The unfounded conjecture, I don't.

That's just not true, Loads of palyers do.

He answered a direct question during a conpetition in what I take as an attempt to defer it. Naive maybe, but not malicious or provicative. Certainly not disrespectful in any way. I'd go as far as saying it is disrespectful to claim he isn't allowed to talk about his targets.

I doubt he will get a better offer than he has with us, having as you note recently bumped up. Unless maybe from Saudi but there had been zero mention of that.

I believe him, for what it is worth, that he wants to play in the bigger games, that minutes are not an issue but the games are, and that he is happy here though, snd won't think about it till after the Olympics. Which is what he said.
So a player that 6 months a go that was delighted to sign a much improved contract, played the second highest number of minutes in the best club side in the world talks to the press in an Olympic tournament and says "when" he gets back to Manchester he will discuss his future with the club, sorry but that's not normal in anyway.

I would also add I think Alvarez has been a wonderful signing and a player greatly undervalued by many people on here, he is a very, very important member of our squad.

So a player that 6 months a go that was delighted to sign a much improved contract, played the second highest number of minutes in the best club side in the world talks to the press in an Olympic tournament and says "when" he gets back to Manchester he will discuss his future with the club, sorry but that's not normal in anyway.

A) that's not what he said.
He said, 'when the Olympics sre over I'll take some time to calmly think about what I want for myself. Last season I was one of the players with the most minutes in the team, but it's true when you are left out of important matches, it is not pleasant'.

B) It is completely normal.

C) Loads of players do it, and more. Nothing in it.

Last edited:
It's not unfounded.

It is 100% unfounded. And far fatched.

Not that he will consider his future, obviously. But that he has a bigger offer on the table and that's what is driving all this.

He said, 'when the Olympics sre over I'll take some time to calmly think about what I want for myself. Last season I was one of the players with the most minutes in the tram, but it's true when you are left out of important matches, it is not pleasant'.

B) It is completely noemal.

think mahrez said similar after this first season.

He said, 'when the Olympics sre over I'll take some time to calmly think about what I want for myself. Last season I was one of the players with the most minutes in the tram, but it's true when you are left out of important matches, it is not pleasant'.

B) It is completely noemal.

You view , certainly not mine and he has pissed off the club.

think mahrez said similar after this first season.

Almost every **** has said it at some point. Including legends like David Silva, Aguero and Kompany. Every player has a wobble when they aren't first choice. It is completely normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.