Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

if true I expect pretty poor price for him if Atletico is the buyer...

they paid a fortune for Joao Felix who is a lesser player few years back.

not even getting what Wolves charged us for Nunes imo, dont thin its great business if amount is around same or less despite the profit we make on him...

just imagine if Benfica gets Alvarez, two years ago they selling him now for 75-85m. same as with Nunez or Enzo or Neves.
not clear then why higher level experience he gained under Pep(vs building him up at Benfica/getting used to Europe there) is making him worth less.

Everyone on the planet know they overpaid for Felix. I honestly expect our people to treat their players better than most clubs. If they want to leave and can make a good case for it, get a fair price. I think 60 million plus add ons is probably fair for a player that wants to leave. And Atletico is a great place for him. Hopefully he will give Real fits....

Can’t imagine we bring in another out and out striker. Are we going to just play with a striker when Erling is fit and a false 9 when he isn’t?

A fee that "could" reach €60m which is £50m. That's a truly disastrous deal for us if anywhere near true. Complete robbery.

In this market he's worth in excess of £100 million. Bayern paid close to that for Kane last summer who is now over 30 and on the decline and had a solitary year left on his contract.

There's a high demand for centre forwards right now and a massive dearth of them around. Pratically all the top clubs need 1, and there's none for sale. He's 24, an experienced serial winner, versatile, good fitness record. Then add to that the fact he's on a very lengthy contract there is absolutely no reason not to demand top price for him.

you cannot tell me Alvarez is as valuable as Onana from everton, diaby from villa or Yoro who have all gone for around that figure this summer. Thats the level of player £50 million gets you, not Alvarez.

Bids should be minimum £100 million. If we were trying to buy him from Atletico that's the fee we would be looking at.

A fee that "could" reach €60m which is £50m. That's a truly disastrous deal for us if anywhere near true. Complete robbery.

In this market he's worth in excess of £100 million. Bayern paid close to that for Kane last summer who is now over 30 and on the decline and had a solitary year left on his contract.

There's a high demand for centre forwards right now and a massive dearth of them around. Pratically all the top clubs need 1, and there's none for sale. He's 24, an experienced serial winner, versatile, good fitness record. Then add to that the fact he's on a very lengthy contract there is absolutely no reason not to demand top price for him.

you cannot tell me Alvarez is as valuable as Onana from everton, diaby from villa or Yoro who have all gone for around that figure this summer. Thats the level of player £50 million gets you, not Alvarez.

Bids should be minimum £100 million. If we were trying to buy him from Atletico that's the fee we would be looking at.
exactly, but Atletico aint cash rich. we have better chance if he goes to PSG to get a more proper fee. honestly can even see Chelsea or Arse get involved soon if they here about a 50/55 m gbp fee.

WHU just paid 30m for a 31-32 years old Fullkrug.

€60 million is taking the mick and I know not agreed yet, but you can see it coming.

So what is it, are we bad at selling (seems unlikely as we tend to do well on youth team).

Are we very fair with players, to help attract future players to the club.

Are we fair with other clubs for when we deal with them buying.

We actually have a deal with Olmo so look at the deal as a whole (unlikely I know)

Just value team spirit really highly over achieving maximum value

The club is very switched on, so we must have an angle over not knowing the market value of our players.

The issue is that increased scrutiny on FFP compliance means that a player who would have been worth £100m a season or two ago simply won't get buyers at that price. So either the player stays or the club accepts a lower price.

I reckon his market value today would be around £70m, the same bracket as Gyokeres and lower than Osimhen. If Napoli sell Osimhen for £85m then you can't say Alvarez would command a higher fee. Unless you sell him to PSG of course in which case name your fee.

I get it. Madrid. Spanish speaking. Argentine manager. You are a sub. If it happens I wish him well.

The issue is that increased scrutiny on FFP compliance means that a player who would have been worth £100m a season or two ago simply won't get buyers at that price. So either the player stays or the club accepts a lower price.

I reckon his market value today would be around £70m, the same bracket as Gyokeres and lower than Osimhen. If Napoli sell Osimhen for £85m then you can't say Alvarez would command a higher fee. Unless you sell him to PSG of course in which case name your fee.
FFP isn't impacting the prices, just means they cant make as many signings. Just look at the top transfers this summer, there hasnt been massive £100 million transfers so far but relatively mediocre players are still going for big money.

Gyokeres the 26 year old who spent last year in Portugal and 3 years in the championship before that, is in the same bracket as treble winning, world cup winning, Copa libertadores winning Julian Alvarez?

Not a great fee and think we would struggle to find another strike or player who can at least play there properly with or without Haaland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.