Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

He’s never really hit the heights we were hoping for, so if he wants to move let him go,always someone else to step up.

60/70 seems reasonable to me, similar to Jesus he’s just a back up striker really, not going to start the big games and with the other young players coming through he can see the writing on the wall. Good player but easily replaceable

I just want players who don't whinge and cry even though they've played more games than anyone else... Players who want to be here. If he wants out fine but we shouldn't be settling for a chumps fee just because his feelings are hurt for playing out of his favored position.

FFP isn't impacting the prices, just means they cant make as many signings. Just look at the top transfers this summer, there hasnt been massive £100 million transfers so far but relatively mediocre players are still going for big money.

Gyokeres the 26 year old who spent last year in Portugal and 3 years in the championship before that, is in the same bracket as treble winning, world cup winning, Copa libertadores winning Julian Alvarez?
This isn't tennis. He didn't win those trophies on his own. It's great that he's been in and around a winning environment but I'm sure anyone looking to bring him in is worried strictly about what he can do individually to help them. I've watched Alvarez every moment he's played for City and with Argentina and while I think he's an excellent player if I'm being honest I would not be asking City to buy him for anywhere near 100 million pound. If the rumors of 70 million euro plus 20 mil in add-ons are true (76.7 mil pounds) and he's genuinely wanting to leave I'll drive him to the airport myself...

Not super bummed about not strengthening as we've not lost much... But if Jules leaves thats alot of minutes to fill... He played alot.

You could argue Bobb and Savio could take up the minutes but we need some semblance of backup for Haalywood. He's going to have a blinder of a season but will need back up.

IDK. Season closing in getting nervous I guess.

City won't sell him for €60m. We won't budge on Ederson who I think is more valuable to us personally but is unequivocally worth "less" as far as a fee goes. If a team doesn't offer €80-90m, he's sticking around. City won't take a cut rate price on a guy with 4 years on his contract, even if he wants to leave. The club has been resolute in getting a fair fee for years now.

€60 million is taking the mick and I know not agreed yet, but you can see it coming.

So what is it, are we bad at selling (seems unlikely as we tend to do well on youth team).

Are we very fair with players, to help attract future players to the club.

Are we fair with other clubs for when we deal with them buying.

We actually have a deal with Olmo so look at the deal as a whole (unlikely I know)

Just value team spirit really highly over achieving maximum value

The club is very switched on, so we must have an angle over not knowing the market value of our players.

Bernardo Silva & Barca would heavily disagree with you lol

Wasn't we linked with the young Turkish lad from besiktas kilicsoy maybe we sign him if Alvarez goes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.