Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

60/70 seems reasonable to me, similar to Jesus he’s just a back up striker really, not going to start the big games and with the other young players coming through he can see the writing on the wall. Good player but easily replaceable

It is nothing like Jesus. Who had a year left on his contract, and had been sevond choice far longer than Alvarez.

The issue is that increased scrutiny on FFP compliance means that a player who would have been worth £100m a season or two ago simply won't get buyers at that price. So either the player stays or the club accepts a lower price.

I reckon his market value today would be around £70m, the same bracket as Gyokeres and lower than Osimhen. If Napoli sell Osimhen for £85m then you can't say Alvarez would command a higher fee. Unless you sell him to PSG of course in which case name your fee.

Gyokeres the same value as Alverez? Give over….

Toney is one of the options for replacement

He clearly is great player, but he also will want to play many minutes + can’t play multiple positions

If only Pep wants to play 2 strikers

He clearly is great player, but he also will want to play many minutes + can’t play multiple positions

I wonder if Pep went down the route then we convince him at this point in his career about a nice pay rise, champions league and hopefully trophies?

I wonder if Pep went down the route then we convince him at this point in his career about a nice pay rise, champions league and hopefully trophies?

Just can’t see it mate. Don’t see Toney as a Pep player even though he is decent. Haaland although similar in a way, was completely different. A freak goal scorer and a global superstar.

He is a similar back up to Haaland and with the amount of games we will be playing plus Haaland with his "Niggles" he will get minutes! Bottom line though we not be buying him..

Just can’t see it mate. Don’t see Toney as a Pep player even though he is decent. Haaland although similar in a way, was completely different. A freak goal scorer and a global superstar.

Yeah i dont see it either mate, my guess would be Eze if we replace Alvarez.

Yeah i dont see it either mate, my guess would be Eze if we replace Alvarez.

I don't get the Eze theories or even wanting that.

Sell Alvarez for 60m (as reports suggest,and doubt we'd get more) and buy eze for 60m doesn't strengthen our squad. Doesn't help financially. Replaces a player that wants a bigger role with a player likely getting even less game time, who will no doubt want more as well. Who might need time to settle. Makes no sense.

Keep Alvarez and reject lowball offers. Doubt anyone will go over 70m, and that should be the bare minimum up front payment.

I don't get the Eze theories or even wanting that.

Sell Alvarez for 60m (as reports suggest,and doubt we'd get more) and buy eze for 60m doesn't strengthen our squad. Doesn't help financially. Replaces a player that wants a bigger role with a player likely getting even less game time, who will no doubt want more as well. Who might need time to settle. Makes no sense.

Keep Alvarez and reject lowball offers. Doubt anyone will go over 70m, and that should be the bare minimum up front payment.

I agree on the price mate, should be £70m base fee with add ons as well.

Does anyone believe the rumour that players are thinking twice about joining City this summer with the court case pending in November?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.