Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Don't understand the Eze links... We have Grealish, KDB, Bobb, Bernardo, Doku, Savinho, Mcatee, Foden and Echeverri arriving.
Grealish, a lot to prove after last year. Not exactly a goal and assists merchant.

kdb, likely leaving next year.

Bobb, never played a full season of games, we don't know how easily he will take to it.

Bernardo, capable of playing anywhere.

Doku and Savinho, exciting talents but likely off the bench to impact games.

McAtee, remains to be seen if he stays.

Eze is a proven player which Pep will hold in high regard.

I agree on the price mate, should be £70m base fee with add ons as well.

This has to be bollocks? 50 m quid for Alvarez, are they having a laugh?
Reject all the lowball offers because too many clubs are starting to exploit the whole City will let their players go if they want to thing. It's at the right price or no deal.

This has to be bollocks? 50 m quid for Alvarez, are they having a laugh?
Reject all the lowball offers because too many clubs are starting to exploit the whole City will let their players go if they want to thing. It's at the right price or no deal.

rodrigo faez is a madrid bullshitter

Grealish, a lot to prove after last year. Not exactly a goal and assists merchant.

kdb, likely leaving next year.

Bobb, never played a full season of games, we don't know how easily he will take to it.

Bernardo, capable of playing anywhere.

Doku and Savinho, exciting talents but likely off the bench to impact games.

McAtee, remains to be seen if he stays.

Eze is a proven player which Pep will hold in high regard.

Eze is no more proven than doku or savinho before joining us. In fact, both were more established at international level. And if you assume they will be bench players, than there really is no space for eze in that attacking midfield. And that's with foden not mentioned for whatever reason.

He might look at it for the future when kdb leaves or grealish either makes or breaks, bernardo ages etc. But for 60m, in a year we'll have the same issue as Alvarez now. More so, because he is English and it will be coming from our media.

I can see us selling Alvarez IF Atletico can come up with a really good offer (doubt they can). But can't see Eze being the replacement, myself.

Last edited:
Eze is no more proven than doku or savinho before joining us. In fact, bith were more established at international level. And if you assume they will be bench players, than there really is no space for eze in that attacking midfield. And that's with foden not mentioned for whatever reason.

He might look at it for the future when kdb leaves or grealish either makes or breaks, bernardo ages etc. But for 60m, in a year we'll have the same issue as Alvarez now. More so, because he is English and it will be coming from our media.

I can see us selling Alvarez IF Atletico can come up with a really good offer (doubt they can). But can't see Eze being the replacement, myself.

Do you think we will replace him though mate? And if so, who would you go with?

€60 million is taking the mick and I know not agreed yet, but you can see it coming.

So what is it, are we bad at selling (seems unlikely as we tend to do well on youth team).

Are we very fair with players, to help attract future players to the club.

Are we fair with other clubs for when we deal with them buying.

We actually have a deal with Olmo so look at the deal as a whole (unlikely I know)

Just value team spirit really highly over achieving maximum value

The club is very switched on, so we must have an angle over not knowing the market value of our players.
A lot of nails hit on the head in that post.

Only one I disagree with is he’s not a £100m player, more £70-80m in this market.

I don't get the Eze theories or even wanting that.

Sell Alvarez for 60m (as reports suggest,and doubt we'd get more) and buy eze for 60m doesn't strengthen our squad. Doesn't help financially. Replaces a player that wants a bigger role with a player likely getting even less game time, who will no doubt want more as well. Who might need time to settle. Makes no sense.

Keep Alvarez and reject lowball offers. Doubt anyone will go over 70m, and that should be the bare minimum up front payment.

Eze does strengthen our squad if he’s to replace Alvarez. his stats last season would have him in the top attackers in our team. 11 goals and 4 assists in the Prem. he got better throughout the season and was Palaces major threat. With those goals and assists you are replacing Alvarez output last season

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.