Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

This better be world-class, though. Not Eze for 68m quid to warm our bench.
Otherwise, it's better to stick with what we have and give the likes of Savinho or Bobb more minutes. Both with a far bigger potential than 26 year old Eze.

This better be world-class, though. Not Eze for 68m quid to warm our bench.
Otherwise, it's better to stick with what we have and give the likes of Savinho or Bobb more minutes. Both with a far bigger potential than 26 year old Eze.

Eze is consistent. Past two seasons he’s got double figures in goals 10 the season before 11 last season. We just need to replace Alvarez output if he leaves and Eze does join Alvarez premier league output is replaced.

Would you rather go into the season with potential as a replacement or a consistent senior player that has shown to get 10 to 11 goals a season and his output would probably increase here.

Alvarez was one of our top attacking threats last season he needs to be replaced if sold. We need a guaranteed replacement that we know from their history can score and assist. So we don’t miss the double figures in goals Alvarez got last season.

Tough window for Tolmie, this. And that's not a dig, it has just not been his window at all, at any point this summer.

I don't think it's been the case for the club either.

I am pretty sure the club would have attacked this summer's window with the endeavour of previous windows and carried on as usual in regards to continuing our improvement as a team and not standing still.

I can completely understand us not moving for a top class attacking player as there is simply nobody on the market right now who can improve us, but the big one is not going for a Rodri replacement

Something is happening behind the scenes and I cannot believe for one minute it's because we still have Kalvin Phillips still at the club.

Whether the club are being cautious just in case of the charges I don't know, but if we lose Alvarez and go into the season as we are, next season could be one Pep's greatest if he gets us over the line.

Eze is consistent. Past two seasons he’s got double figures in goals 10 the season before 11 last season. We just need to replace Alvarez output if he leaves and Eze does join Alvarez premier league output is replaced.

Would you rather go into the season with potential as a replacement or a consistent senior player that has shown to get 10 to 11 goals a season and his output would probably increase here.

Alvarez was one of our top attacking threats last season he needs to be replaced if sold. We need a guaranteed replacement that we know from their history can score and assist. So we don’t miss the double figures in goals Alvarez got last season.
Is Eze as good or better tho ?

I don't think it's been the case for the club either.

I am pretty sure the club would have attacked this summer's window with the endeavour of previous windows and carried on as usual in regards to continuing our improvement as a team and not standing still.

I can completely understand us not moving for a top class attacking player as there is simply nobody on the market right now who can improve us, but the big one is not going for a Rodri replacement

Something is happening behind the scenes and I cannot believe for one minute it's because we still have Kalvin Phillips still at the club.

Whether the club are being cautious just in case of the charges I don't know, but if we lose Alvarez and go into the season as we are, next season could be one Pep's greatest if he gets us over the line.
Also what it could be is that he is genuinely excited by some of the kids, i know we as fans want shiny new names and thats fine but maybe he is genuinely excited by lewis, bobb and o'reilly and does want to give them a chance and while that may be risky, you only have to look at palmer and foden to see that the talent is there if we are willing to give it a chance.

Also what it could be is that he is genuinely excited by some of the kids, i know we as fans want shiny new names and thats fine but maybe he is genuinely excited by lewis, bobb and o'reilly and does want to give them a chance and while that may be risky, you only have to look at palmer and foden to see that the talent is there if we are willing to give it a chance.
You just named two of our best academy graduates in the last 15 years. Exceptions to the rule. Pep is giving the youngsters as much of a chance as he possibly can without jeopardizing our results.

We need a Rodri backup ASAP, and it's not in the academy. Loan these players out, and if they turn out to be good enough in smaller teams, then we can incorporate them.

Having said that, I agree that giving the likes of Bobb a chance is better than spending 68m quid on Eze, mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.