Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I think alvarez will leave and we'll just give his game time to bobb and savio 19g/a last season or we sell bobb and when he's doing the business for one of are rivals we can start a thread about it.Dont get me wrong I like eze but I think he would expect to play every game and I don't think that would happen so we'd be in the same situation in 12months time with the media banging on about us ruining his career. I think we have to start trusting some of the academy players more and I think bobb and savio will both show that they are better players than eze

You just named two of our best academy graduates in the last 15 years. Exceptions to the rule. Pep is giving the youngsters as much of a chance as he possibly can without jeopardizing our results.

We need a Rodri backup ASAP, and it's not in the academy. Loan these players out, and if they turn out to be good enough in smaller teams, then we can incorporate them.

Having said that, I agree that giving the likes of Bobb a chance is better than spending 68m quid on Eze, mind.
how do you know it isnt in our academy, tbf generally if a player gets loaned out from us it doesnt matter how well they play they are not coming back, they are being loaned out to be sold, if nico o'reilly stays and goesnt get loaned i think you will see him play minutes in the midfield.

Tell us you’re a needy fan without telling us you’re a needy fan.. haha!
Not at all. I would rather play Oscar Bobb more. He has proven to be good enough and deserves more minutes. If we do strengthen, we need much better players. If we want potential like we usually do, then much younger. That's all.

Eze is no more proven than doku or savinho before joining us. In fact, both were more established at international level. And if you assume they will be bench players, than there really is no space for eze in that attacking midfield. And that's with foden not mentioned for whatever reason.

He might look at it for the future when kdb leaves or grealish either makes or breaks, bernardo ages etc. But for 60m, in a year we'll have the same issue as Alvarez now. More so, because he is English and it will be coming from our media.

I can see us selling Alvarez IF Atletico can come up with a really good offer (doubt they can). But can't see Eze being the replacement, myself.
Eze has been in the premier league 4yrs, how is he not more proven than Savinho who 4yrs ago was barely making a break through in the Brazilian league?

Eze isn't a direct replacement for Alvarez but will add a bit more flexibility and I don't see any other strikers out there that we would go for. Maybe we will just make do and go again next summer but doubt Pep would be happy.

Eze has been in the premier league 4yrs, how is he not more proven than Savinho who 4yrs ago was barely making a break through in the Brazilian league?

Eze isn't a direct replacement for Alvarez but will add a bit more flexibility and I don't see any other strikers out there that we would go for. Maybe we will just make do and go again next summer but doubt Pep would be happy.
Savinho was 16 years old 4 years ago (literally, he only recently turned 20). He has accomplished more in the last couple of years than Eze (26yro) did in his whole career. Savinho is a superior player already, and with a much better potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.