Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Savinho was 16 years old 4 years ago (literally, he only recently turned 20). He has accomplished more in the last couple of years than Eze (26yro) did in his whole career. Savinho is a superior player already, and with a much better potential.
Give it a rest. He has accomplished one good season in a weak La Liga. I am as excited as anyone to see what the lad can do but he is not superior to Eze at all.

Tough window for Tolmie, this. And that's not a dig, it has just not been his window at all, at any point this summer.
I think he may well have heard about players we have looked at and had in mind if we'd lost players.Think there were doubts over Bernardo, KDB.If Alvarez goes then we may well bring in one of those Tolmie mentioned.

Also what it could be is that he is genuinely excited by some of the kids, i know we as fans want shiny new names and thats fine but maybe he is genuinely excited by lewis, bobb and o'reilly and does want to give them a chance and while that may be risky, you only have to look at palmer and foden to see that the talent is there if we are willing to give it a chance.
I think the Palmer experience has been instrumental in making sure our talented batch of young players are given proper chances of PL games.
They may surprise us like the Spanish 16 year old starring for Spain never mind his Club.

Eze has been in the premier league 4yrs, how is he not more proven than Savinho who 4yrs ago was barely making a break through in the Brazilian league?

Eze isn't a direct replacement for Alvarez but will add a bit more flexibility and I don't see any other strikers out there that we would go for. Maybe we will just make do and go again next summer but doubt Pep would be happy.

He has only been noticable a year and a half maybe.

I don't see him improving our team, I don't see him as an adequate replacement for Alvarez, and I see him struggling to get game time. At 26, that's not what he would want either. Makes no sense to me either financially or football wise.

But I am happy to be wrong. Let's see if Alvarez ends up leaving first.

Once the season ended. I did a review. Who are the players likely to leave and why?

Alvarez was #1 on my list: He is a starting caliber player stuck behind a WC strike. Yet he is not good enough to start in any other position when everyone is available. He was easily the player to move ( especially early on when we were hoping for Musiala or Wirtz).

Here is the list of potential movers

Alvarez: for the above reason

Jack Grealish: With the likelihood of Savior ( at the time) signing, and Bobb developing. Plus his loss of playing time to Doku.

Kevin Debryune: Age, injury record , 1 year left on K and a good time to bring in a younger version.

Kyle Walker: Age, and upgrade potential.

Bernardo: Yearly infatuation with leaving.

Gomez: Leftback utility player who didn't have a spot.

Those were my best bets.

Ederson has been the only surprise possibility to me.
Read that about Bernardo regularly but have still never seen anything to substantiate it

Džeko and Kun on my mind :)
we could do that, pick one of the other lads to partner Rodri (Kdb as DLP Kroos style?) and rock a 3-5-2. get it out wide and fast.. just blitz teams. lol (Im not serious before someone takes it that way)

lineup-builder.png

The issue is that increased scrutiny on FFP compliance means that a player who would have been worth £100m a season or two ago simply won't get buyers at that price. So either the player stays or the club accepts a lower price.

I reckon his market value today would be around £70m, the same bracket as Gyokeres and lower than Osimhen. If Napoli sell Osimhen for £85m then you can't say Alvarez would command a higher fee. Unless you sell him to PSG of course in which case name your fee.
Seriously? Don't make me laugh. You'll be telling me that Smith-Rowe was worth the £34m Fulham just paid next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.