Alvarez leaving? | Talks with Atletico confirmed by Jack Gaughan

It's genuinely hilarious to me when rival fans jump on these rumours and fail to do the most basic of checks towards the possible legitimacy of it beforehand. it just displays as clear as day the level of sheer desperation from them for the juggernaut that is City to fail so their failing team can become relevant again.

It's beyond baffling though when actual city fans give any credit to very obvious clickbait trash.

This story about rejecting a contract and asking to leave seems ridiculously far fetched.

He only signed a new deal a year ago and has 4 years left, so the likelihood of us offering another contract seems remote, especially during the Copa America.

The bloke needs a break and to play less for a few months, not more!

This story about rejecting a contract and asking to leave seems ridiculously far fetched.

He only signed a new deal a year ago and has 4 years left, so the likelihood of us offering another contract seems remote, especially during the Copa America.

The bloke needs a break and to play less for a few months, not more!

Honestly as much as this report feels like a punt, it doesn’t seem far fetched to me at all.

The list of footballers who moved on a year after signing a new deal would be too long to print, and ultimately we all know he could be the 2nd best striker in the world and he’s not going to start for City every week which is what he’ll want.

City offering him an extension makes sense because we wanna keep him happy, and frankly the higher his salary the harder it is for anyone else to buy him. Thats also why he might reject it.

As long as Haaland is here, the number 2 striker is going to be on a clock. Either they gradually become content with being 2nd choice, like Jesus did, in which case they aren’t good enough for us, or they will look to move on sooner rather than later.

As for him leaving this year…unlikely. Barca and the Italians have no money, Bayern have Kane, Madrid have everyone and we won’t sell within the league.

Honestly doesn’t seem far fetched to me at all.

The list of footballers who moved on a year after signing a new deal would be too long to print, and ultimately we all know he could be the 2nd best striker in the world and he’s not going to start for City every week.

As long as Haaland is here, the number 2 striker is going to be on a clock. Either they become content with being 2nd choice, in which case they aren’t good enough for us, or they will look to move on sooner rather than later.
The new contract seems far fetched.

He might want to be first choice somewhere, but he’d be like any other of our players wanting to go. He’d have to present a good enough offer for us to contemplate.

He might want to be first choice somewhere, but he’d be like any other of our players wanting to go. He’d have to present a good enough offer for us to contemplate.

Which is exactly what the report says.

I edited in a bit about him rejecting the contract offer in my previous post - there’s good reasons for us to offer it and him to reject it.

Which is exactly what the report says.

I edited in a bit about him rejecting the contract offer in my previous post - there’s good reasons for us to offer it and him to reject it.
Maybe, I still think it’s highly unlikely to be true. He’s on a long contract and can’t force his way out either way.

He will also be keeping an eye on what Haaland does. There’s no guarantee he’ll be here for a long time.

I reckon wed accept 75 mill. And thats a bargain for player of his age potential stats injury record etc. Teams be queuing up

I reckon wed accept 75 mill. And thats a bargain for player of his age potential stats injury record etc. Teams be queuing up

Give over £75 million ? The lad's record is 2nd to none, His career is only going to get better and better and I wouldn't listen to anything under £100million, in fact, that would be still a steal, He gets 30-plus goals a season in any of the top teams, If you play him every week his numbers would quickly add up,

Maybe, I still think it’s highly unlikely to be true. He’s on a long contract and can’t force his way out either way.

He will also be keeping an eye on what Haaland does. There’s no guarantee he’ll be here for a long time.
It's a strange one for sure, if he has got an offer from PSG with his contract situation, PSG would get rinsed with the transfer fee we would want and on top of a huge contract for the player that's a serious amount of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.