Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

If we do have to let him go I would be all over Toney, completely different player but would like to see him at the club could definitely do a job for us

There is always someone leaving city in the closed season, what's more interesting is who is coming in.

He'd be hard to replace, I can't see many top strikers that would be willing to be 2nd option to Haaland. If we're dealing with Atletico maybe Felix would be a decent option. He's being quoted for as low as €30 mil, he's versatile in our system, and if there was anyone to get that potential out of Felix, it would be Pep.

If Alvarez is leaving, we should try to sign Rodrigo.

City certainly will have the money. They won't give Alvarez away given his contract and age. Has to be at least 80 million methinks. They've already got 50 million in door this window (Gomez, Harwood-Bellis and Gomez) and haven't got to Cancelo, Phillips and possibly Ederson, McAtee and more.

Really curious where all this cash is going to go.

I really don't get it. What's the upside to selling him for us other than a profit? Who's going to be our striker if Haaland gets injured again?

I know the club has a reputation of letting players leave if they bring them a good enough offer, but sometimes I wish they'd say,' No, you have multiple years left on your contract.'
False 9

City certainly will have the money. They won't give Alvarez away given his contract and age. Has to be at least 80 million methinks. They've already got 50 million in door this window (Gomez, Harwood-Bellis and Gomez) and haven't got to Cancelo, Phillips and possibly Ederson, McAtee and more.

Really curious where all this cash is going to go.

On league one and two players when we get relegated ;-)

‪I am not against it. If he truly wants it. Would be more suitable for them than Felix. It seems that Olmo will be in AM/CM/F9 role then, which makes a lot of sense.

‪I am not against it. If he truly wants it. Would be more suitable for them than Felix. It seems that Olmo will be in AM/CM/F9 role then, which makes a lot of sense.

Olmo doesn't have the aggression and workrate required for the false 9 role. Olmo is more like the KDB/Odegaard type, bursts of pace here and there but they can't maintain that intensity for 90 minutes. If we want a fasle 9, then Nico or Adeyemi would be ideal. A window of Savio, Olmo and Nico would be a great one. Although I can only us getting one of Olmo/Nico (looks like it's definitely going to be Olmo).

There's a lot Pep can do with the false 9 role this season, if we play Grealish from the middle, Foden can be the false 9 with Doku and Savio on either wings, if we play a more traditional formation, then Savio could play in the false 9 role, I watched some of the Copa games and it did seem like he had a free role in the team, sometimes even playing in front of Raphina.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.