Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Olmo doesn't have the aggression and workrate required for the false 9 role. Olmo is more like the KDB/Odegaard type, bursts of pace here and there but they can't maintain that intensity for 90 minutes. If we want a fasle 9, then Nico or Adeyemi would be ideal. A window of Savio, Olmo and Nico would be a great one. Although I can only us getting one of Olmo/Nico (looks like it's definitely going to be Olmo).

There's a lot Pep can do with the false 9 role this season, if we play Grealish from the middle, Foden can be the false 9 with Doku and Savio on either wings, if we play a more traditional formation, then Savio could play in the false 9 role, I watched some of the Copa games and it did seem like he had a free role in the team, sometimes even playing in front of Raphina.
i dont see Nico at all mate, Barca are working they're broke ass magic.
Also, ngl, Barca is very disrespectful towards Bernardo, they are strapped for cash and will buy 50mil for Nico, but for Bernardo they are skimmed. Wtf is this.

Maybe Foden can play in F9 and Olmo in Gundo role.

Worst thing we could do is buy a second striker as they won’t get the game time
Get someone who is versatile across the front 3

He'd be hard to replace, I can't see many top strikers that would be willing to be 2nd option to Haaland. If we're dealing with Atletico maybe Felix would be a decent option. He's being quoted for as low as €30 mil, he's versatile in our system, and if there was anyone to get that potential out of Felix, it would be Pep.

Yeah he hasn't really improved, but i always thought he could thrive under Pep.
I always thought Felix would be signed by Pep.
Whenever I've seen him play, he seemed to perfectly fit the bill as a "Pep player".
But, recently, he seems a shadow of his former self.
Perhaps being controversial, he now reminds me of a player who actually delivers very little.
City, are currently a ruthless machine.
Felix reminds me now of the flair player who flatters to deceive.
Don't let him be a modern day Rodney Marsh...

I always thought Felix would be signed by Pep.
Whenever I've seen him play, he seemed to perfectly fit the bill as a "Pep player".
But, recently, he seems a shadow of his former self.
Perhaps being controversial, he now reminds me of a player who actually delivers very little.
City, are currently a ruthless machine.
Felix reminds me now of the flair player who flatters to deceive.
Don't let him be a modern day Rodney Marsh...
Felix seems to have gone downhill rapidly, was the next boy wonder now he doesn't seem to know where the goal is

If this moves does happen, it shows even with small squad you can't keep everyone happy. Imagine with bigger squad like most fans wanted around there, it will be much more difficult to manage their playing time and happiness.

Even a great manager like Pep can't do something about it and why some people need to understand his preference of small squads.

If this moves does happen, it shows even with small squad you can't keep everyone happy. Imagine with bigger squad like most fans wanted around there, it will be much more difficult to manage their playing time and happiness.

Even a great manager like Pep can't do something about it and why some people need to understand his preference of small squads.

True but Alvarez situation is a little different. He gets picked as the number one CF for Argentina and most games he is preferred to Martinez. If he isn’t getting picked in his natural and favoured position at club level then he will not be happy with that. Understandable too.

Maybe its a bad take, but as long as we get the right fee, i won't be bothered one bit about losing Alvarez as long as we get a replacement in. Hes played a lot of games and that will leave a big hole that needs filling, but i found him incredibly frustrating last year in front of goal and very wasteful at times. Works incredibly hard, great attitude, but i just feel he lacks that top quality to ever make himself a real number 9 for us.

It’s probably the most difficult one that gives Pep sleepless nights though with Alvarez

He’s never gonna dislodge Haaland, and very rarely plays 2 up top together, but Pep knows he’s quality and tries some games to play him various positions which more often than not backfires and usually leads to him being hooked

I feel sorry for Alvarez I really do, because he certainly knows where nets are and I’ll be sad to see him go, came with a ringing endorsement off Sergio Aguero, the greatest striker we’ve ever had as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.