Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Maybe its a bad take, but as long as we get the right fee, i won't be bothered one bit about losing Alvarez as long as we get a replacement in. Hes played a lot of games and that will leave a big hole that needs filling, but i found him incredibly frustrating last year in front of goal and very wasteful at times. Works incredibly hard, great attitude, but i just feel he lacks that top quality to ever make himself a real number 9 for us.

Helped us a lot when Haaland was out, that can never be forgotten

Would be disappointed to lose him, but it was always going to be difficult to keep him happy as a backup to Haaland. The experiment with him playing deeper last season never really worked, and he's too good not to be starting regularly. Hope he doesn't go, but can see why Atletico would appeal to him and we would at least get a decent fee for him. Alvarez out, Olmo in wouldn't be the worst scenario in terms of squad options. Would still need a backup for Haaland though.

Not feeling too sad about this. If we can get the right fee I'd rather we invested in an attacking midfielder, something like an Olmo type if not Olmo himself, and went back to a false nine system whenever Haaland isn't fit.

Not feeling too sad about this. If we can get the right fee I'd rather we invested in an attacking midfielder, something like an Olmo type if not Olmo himself, and went back to a false nine system whenever Haaland isn't fit.
Tottally agree, also gives us thru balls galore if needed, last season with Gundo leaving and KdB being injured that was the main issue for us. Would help Haaland and Doku. Also Savio would muddy the waters vs defenders and is decent crosser.

Helped us a lot when Haaland was out, that can never be forgotten
Yeah i know and he's been a really useful player for us. I just don't think he'll ever be 'that' player. If we can get close to 100 million for him then i think that's great business.

Yeah i know and he's been a really useful player for us. I just don't think he'll ever be 'that' player. If we can get close to 100 million for him then i think that's great business.
To be fair he was an integral part of us winning a treble. I’m not really sure what more he could have done to be ‘that player’ - no player who wants game time would be happy being second choice or constantly in and out of the side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.