Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

For what it's worth I've really liked him while he's been here. Completely proved me wrong because I thought he was just going to be a CFG signing. He's a hard worker and a good utility forward. He's been here for some of the greatest moments of City's history and played a big part in loads of them. I just don't think he's kicking on like we expected and he can't expect to start much in front of Foden, Haaland, De Bruyne, etc. There might have been a future for him out wide, and there still might, but if we get anything north of £50m for him I say take it and reinvest.

To be fair he was an integral part of us winning a treble. I’m not really sure what more he could have done to be ‘that player’ - no player who wants game time would be happy being second choice or constantly in and out of the side
Yeah i know what you mean. He's very unfortunate that he will always play second fiddle to Haaland, and that just isn't going to change. That being said, if say for arguments sake we sold Haaland, i still don't think he'd be his replacement long term.

For what it's worth I've really liked him while he's been here. Completely proved me wrong because I thought he was just going to be a CFG signing. He's a hard worker and a good utility forward. He's been here for some of the greatest moments of City's history and played a big part in loads of them. I just don't think he's kicking on like we expected and he can't expect to start much in front of Foden, Haaland, De Bruyne, etc. There might have been a future for him out wide, and there still might, but if we get anything north of £50m for him I say take it and reinvest.
Completely agree with your post, his form definitely dipped in the last few months of the season, if he wants to move sell him for a decent profit

If he doesn’t leave this summer I reckon he’ll definitely be off next year

Apparently A Madrid have offered to take Alvarez on a year loan with an obligation to purchase him next summer! Fucking cheeky bastards, i think we all knew they dont have the cash to be honest

Well wishing he stays at City tbh. Since he's a very good player who just had his best ever season at the club. Who's also quickly won each & everything for both club & country. Hoping for a contract extension soon if he does stay put too.

If he doesn’t leave this summer I reckon he’ll definitely be off next year
Maybe but next year we will be at a stage where we need Haaland to comit to an extension or be thinking of cashing in. That may influence Alvsrez next summer.

Apparently A Madrid have offered to take Alvarez on a year loan with an obligation to purchase him next summer! Fucking cheeky bastards, i think we all knew they dont have the cash to be honest
It is very interesting reading posts here to get different perspectives.Alvarez considered a utility player at City but even in his bad moments ahead of Lautaro Martinez for Argentina.Foden maybe very good in England but internationally all his limitations were exposed by Spain and others in the Euros

It is very interesting reading posts here to get different perspectives.Alvarez considered a utility player at City but even in his bad moments ahead of Lautaro Martinez for Argentina.Foden maybe very good in England but internationally all his limitations were exposed by Spain and others in the Euros
I think what was exposed in the Euros was Southgate’s tactical limitations not Phil’s footballing limitations. The ball was rarely retained in forward areas in any of our games, hence Phil ran more than anyone to try and get the ball. Add to that the failure of Judas Bellingham to pass the ball to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.