Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Nightmare scenario is if we sell Julian this summer to accommodate him and then can't get a contract extension done with Haaland. We'd be up the fucking creek - Alvarez is quite literally the only insurance policy we have right now if Haaland doesn't want to keep playing in Manchester.

Another thing to keep in mind is how much it would cost to bring in a striker with Alvarez's resume and caliber to the club. We'd likely be paying north of £100m to get a Julian Alvarez if the roles were reversed. And that's even assuming a striker is available for purchase, which as we all know is far from a certainty. The striker market has been dry for years and star goal scorers usually don't just become available.

If that bum Rasmus Hojlund went for £72m last summer I don't' see how we're selling for anything less than £85-90m and that's only if we get positive news on Haaland signing a contract extension. I know I'd be pushing for a 9 figure fee given what Atleti paid for Joao Felix.
i'm sure we'd be in the market if we lost both, plus we won the league a few years back with foden as a false 9. not ideal but no need to panic until something bad actually happens.

i'm sure we'd be in the market if we lost both, plus we won the league a few years back with foden as a false 9. not ideal but no need to panic until something bad actually happens.
We'd be in the market, sure. But the striker market isn't exactly booming, and hasn't been for a while.

Not panicking either, unless we sell Alvarez and still can't get Haaland to extend his contract. That's when I'll be worried.

Nightmare scenario is if we sell Julian this summer to accommodate him and then can't get a contract extension done with Haaland. We'd be up the fucking creek - Alvarez is quite literally the only insurance policy we have right now if Haaland doesn't want to keep playing in Manchester.

Another thing to keep in mind is how much it would cost to bring in a striker with Alvarez's resume and caliber to the club. We'd likely be paying north of £100m to get a Julian Alvarez if the roles were reversed. And that's even assuming a striker is available for purchase, which as we all know is far from a certainty. The striker market has been dry for years and star goal scorers usually don't just become available.

If that bum Rasmus Hojlund went for £72m last summer I don't' see how we're selling for anything less than £85-90m and that's only if we get positive news on Haaland signing a contract extension. I know I'd be pushing for a 9 figure fee given what Atleti paid for Joao Felix.

To be fair using the rags as any kind of barometer regarding transfer business is a bit unrealistic imo, as any selling club dealing with them realise rags negotiators are totally fucking clueless and desperate every time they arrive at the transfer table.

And scruffy jim isn't going to be able to change that mentality overnight .

I do agree with your overall point about the fee for Alvarez however.

I always thought Felix would be signed by Pep.
Whenever I've seen him play, he seemed to perfectly fit the bill as a "Pep player".
But, recently, he seems a shadow of his former self.
Perhaps being controversial, he now reminds me of a player who actually delivers very little.
City, are currently a ruthless machine.
Felix reminds me now of the flair player who flatters to deceive.
Don't let him be a modern day Rodney Marsh...

This ^^^. I previously thought Felix would flourish under Pep but recent displays at Chelsea and Barca suggest he’s struggling to live up to the hype.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.