Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

To be fair using the rags as any kind of barometer regarding transfer business is a bit unrealistic imo, as any selling club dealing with them realise rags negotiators are totally fucking clueless and desperate every time they arrive at the transfer table.

And scruffy jim isn't going to be able to change that mentality overnight .

I do agree with your overall point about the fee for Alvarez however.

The Rags consistently over pay largely because they are prepared to pay a premium to pay over the long term. How long can they sustain losses and a negative cash flow ?

I did not suggest that for a moment just giving a different view of the abilities of two City players.The view in Argentina is different to the popular view in Manchester.My point is that Julian contributes more to a team than Foden.
Wow. I think both of them have a phenomenal work ethic and I wouldn’t say one was more than the other, both top 1%

Yeah i know what you mean. He's very unfortunate that he will always play second fiddle to Haaland, and that just isn't going to change. That being said, if say for arguments sake we sold Haaland, i still don't think he'd be his replacement long term.
I don't either...

I think what was exposed in the Euros was Southgate’s tactical limitations not Phil’s footballing limitations. The ball was rarely retained in forward areas in any of our games, hence Phil ran more than anyone to try and get the ball. Add to that the failure of Judas Bellingham to pass the ball to him
Why haven't teams in the Prem and the CL been able to "expose" Phil's weaknesses? A round of games on that England squad are indicative of nothing meaningful regarding the Prem POY...there is not a single player on that England squad I would ever trade Phil for...

alvarez could well end up like jesus, im all for backing your own talents but manys the player has looked good in a city team and has their flaws ruthlessly exposed when they stepped up to another team to become the player they thought they were

Perhaps you are right but you should consider the possibility that Scaloni is getting more out of Julian than Guardiola.
Foden has won nothing with England.Julian the World Cup,Two Copa Américas and Finalissima with Argentina.He is now playing the Olimpics to add to all of those plus the Libertadores,Champions,Premier,Liga Argentina.
Foden outside of City?
Foden is above Julian in direct footballing comparisons. Should Nacho or Carvahal be up for the Balon D'or?

I've always thought he was the most likely to leave. He is the most talented bad fit on the team.
Whenever I thought of Wirrz or Musiala coming, it was always Alvarez I thought of as leaving.

Good player, not the best fit when not playing striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.