Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Alvarez out wide with an overlapping full back would work in my opinion. That’s the way to get him in the team.

Would mean one of Bobb or Savio don’t get any minutes though as Grealish and Doku will as well. Also would mean getting Bernado and Foden minutes and both can play centrally but we see them wide as well.

Really we just have too many good players and if he wants to go then fair enough, that’s always been the way. But they have to pay up.
Had his chances when Haaland was out and didn't really nail down a place in Pep's side. He is looking to be a starter and just like his predecessor Jesus just doesn't cut it in Pep's side.

The player needs a place in the team other than a replacement for Haaland, He is best in a false 9 system and can score goals from outside the box, My fear is that this would come sooner rather than later, The Boy is World Class and far too good to be a squad or sat on the bench player,

If he was playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona he scores easy over 30 goals a season and that would be the minimum

I'm really not. He just fits the profile of someone who wouldn't be banging down the door to be in the first team. If not him. someone like him. I only mentioned him because he was already here with us...
Yeah I dont see that as a bad optiom tbf.

Delap is close in profile to Haaland, meaning we dont need to change how we play if he slots in.

Its also pretty easy to convince him that Haaland is the main man, but youll still get like 1500 - 2000 mins.

Yeah I dont see that as a bad optiom tbf.

Delap is close in profile to Haaland, meaning we dont need to change how we play if he slots in.

Its also pretty easy to convince him that Haaland is the main man, but youll still get like 1500 - 2000 mins.
That's exactly what I meant...

Honestly, anything in the £70m-£80m range is a no-brainer sell for me.

Alvarez, we will all agree, is never going to displace Haaland, which is why he’s been tried deeper in an attempt to keep him happy. But he does not thrive there.

So big money for someone that will never play regularly in their best position and will only be used in positions they aren’t suited to? Automatic sell.

That money can be reinvested in a player that actually can thrive in either deeper or wider positions, whilst also covering Haaland when needed. And directly covering Haaland isn’t even a necessity. No reason we can’t play false 9 in those games with either the new signing or with someone else (Foden/Bernardo)
Basically a better use of resources (money)...I agree...

Alvarez out wide with an overlapping full back would work in my opinion. That’s the way to get him in the team.

Would mean one of Bobb or Savio don’t get any minutes though as Grealish and Doku will as well. Also would mean getting Bernado and Foden minutes and both can play centrally but we see them wide as well.

Really we just have too many good players and if he wants to go then fair enough, that’s always been the way. But they have to pay up.
Don’t see the point in that. As we already have better wide players and no overlapping fullbacks. He’s a back up striker and if he doesn’t want to be that then fair enough and we move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.