Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Right money he can go my only issue is we have a few old players or players likely to go next season & a few gaps appearing.

Looks like we are letting the team be stripped down for when a new manager comes in.

Issue being I don’t see a strong season next from us
Bloody hell!!

I disagree, the problem with Alvarez is that he can’t really play any other position. He’s not good on the wing and he’s not our level as a #10 when we have so many world class options there.

On the other hand there’s a quite a few players these days who can play wing and striker to a very high level.

So begs the question why did we buy him?

One thing I don’t agree with is ( not that you’ve said it before you start) is that he would turn into a Jesus if he stays, he’s more work ethic than that from what we’ve seen, the ideal scenario is he stays, but can also understand if he wanted to go, really tough one this, there’s others I put at front of queue to go before this lad

Right money he can go my only issue is we have a few old players or players likely to go next season & a few gaps appearing.

Looks like we are letting the team be stripped down for when a new manager comes in.

Issue being I don’t see a strong season next from us
After a treble and 4 in a row - next season is a free hit for me. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to win but our bigger challenges will come off the field

Peps future, 115 and our legal action against PL

So begs the question why did we buy him?

One thing I don’t agree with is ( not that you’ve said it before you start) is that he would turn into a Jesus if he stays, he’s more work ethic than that from what we’ve seen, the ideal scenario is he stays, but can also understand if he wanted to go, really tough one this, there’s others I put at front of queue to go before this lad

We bought him at 21 for £15m and he’d have been a perfect understudy.

The problem is that between us buying him and him arriving he became a much better player and got a lot more exposure with Argentina so he was sort of a 1.5st choice striker instead of a 2nd choice.

thats your opinion but Julian has won a lot more
So what? You are becoming a bit of a bore on this my friend.

This is a City forum and I doubt that there will be a single City fan who would rate or want to keep Alvarez above / over Foden.

Argentina were excellent in the World Cup, but the standard of the Copa the past few years has been below average with a poor Brazil team so not a great barometer.

Alvarez a very good player but he’s got very little chance of game time in his preferred position. When he’s played for City he’s worked very hard to overcome playing a role that doesn’t really suit his game, and been effective to his credit.

I wouldn’t blame him if he wants to be the main man elsewhere, and wish him the best of luck.

Right money I would let him leave then bring musiala in

We bought him at 21 for £15m and he’d have been a perfect understudy.

The problem is that between us buying him and him arriving he became a much better player and got a lot more exposure with Argentina so he was sort of a 1.5st choice striker instead of a 2nd choice.

Yea, get what you mean

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.