Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Alvarez is by no means the perfect player but not many sides have a squad player as good as him and who can perform in a number of positions.

If we can bring someone in better than him who is happy to play second fiddle to Haaland fair enough but at the moment I think we’re fortunate having a World and Copa America winner. Hope he stays.

Atletico Madrid were happy to splash 120 million for unproven Joao Felix

Alvarez is proven serial winner and one of the best strikers in the World, therefore a 100m should be the starting price for his services.

Liam fucking Delap. The Championship striker scored a huge 12 goals in 68 games for 3 different clubs bwahahaha.

Wake up pal.

I like the kid, hope he's a success but suggesting we replace J. Alvarez with him is utter shite. Delap has an awful and I mean an awfully long way to go before he gets to Alvarez levels.

Liam fucking Delap. The Championship striker scored a huge 12 goals in 68 games for 3 different clubs bwahahaha.

Wake up pal.

I like the kid, hope he's a success but suggesting we replace J. Alvarez with him is utter shite. Delap has an awful and I mean an awfully long way to go before he gets to Alvarez levels.
I just suggested keeping him around if we knew Alvarez would be leaving not as a direct replacement for Alvarez. Who the fuck said he's at Alvarez's level?

Calm yourself down Captain Obvious....

There is a video of him singing it I believe so it’s all up to the club and fifa. Horrible song and I hope all of them involved do face repercussions.
I think he travelled separately with a few others, including Messi.

It's absurd. The only way I see us loaning Alvarez to them is if there is an obligation to buy with a fee close to £100 million. And when has a move like that ever happened? These journalists have to be smoking some good stuff.

When we bought Aguero in 2011 Atletico charged us £36 million which is the equivalent of £96m today according to the Transfer Index (which adjusts for inflation). And that's BEFORE the transfer market fees spiked. Rasmus Hojlund was £72m a year ago, and while it is United, that just shows how dry the striker market is right now.

Mbappe's move to PSG was loan from Monaco with obligation to buy.

Alvarez is by no means the perfect player but not many sides have a squad player as good as him and who can perform in a number of positions.

If we can bring someone in better than him who is happy to play second fiddle to Haaland fair enough but at the moment I think we’re fortunate having a World and Copa America winner. Hope he stays.
We can bring in someone who can play 'the other roles' far better than he does. But who might be slightly or greatly inferior to him as a backup striker to Erling.

I think an injury free Olmo, Wirtz, Musiala or Rodrygo are far superior matches for us than Alvy

Think we may need to agree to a pay rise and a release clause for next summer in exchange for Julian to give us another year and allow us to plan ahead. Top player and him leaving is sadly inevitable. It’s just when he goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.