Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I just suggested keeping him around if we knew Alvarez would be leaving not as a direct replacement for Alvarez. Who the fuck said he's at Alvarez's level?

Calm yourself down Captain Obvious....
Keep him around for what then you plonker? To be an understudy to Haaland? Lol

Anyway no more from me on this.

To me it is not a matter of "starter" or "bench player"

It's more starters and finishers

Julian, since his arrival, has always provided a spark, at the start or end of games

A team must be at its strongest in the latter stages of the game.

If ego demands that they want more, they won't be satisfied

reluctantly, we should explore moving him

Keep him around for what then you plonker? To be an understudy to Haaland? Lol

Anyway no more from me on this.

Alvarez being an understudy to Haaland is funnits since the former is actually older than the Norweigan beast.

Just my view, if we think that losing Cole Palmer was a mistake I think we will see losing Alvarez as a disaster, unless we get at least £100M. Not much for a player who has performed well as a World Cup and Copa America winner.
I hope we keep both Haarland and Alvarez but for the future I’d rather keep Alvarez.

Just my view, if we think that losing Cole Palmer was a mistake I think we will see losing Alvarez as a disaster, unless we get at least £100M. Not much for a player who has performed well as a World Cup and Copa America winner.
I hope we keep both Haarland and Alvarez but for the future I’d rather keep Alvarez.
And play him where?

You are not making any sense. Delap can't be an understudy to Bony, let alone Haaland. Drop the suggestion, it's ridiculous
Of course Delap is not the same level player as Haaland and at this moment he probably is a Championship level player wanting to prove he can be premier level.

If I am right i think @JewelZee was making this suggestion because he is homegrown club trained and would not take a position in the squad from any of the free places available and has no cost to the club. If the club are confident we don’t need to go to market to get another striker if Alvarez is allowed to leave it would make sense to have held onto Delap, assuming he is happy to have been part of the first team squad with only a few cameos. He is similar in style if not standard. Much in the same way we have used Bobb, and Palmer previously.

All irrelevant now of course as he has been sold and left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.