Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

We also need to be confident in getting a suitable replacement in. If thats Musiala we need to start working out whether. deal can be done this summer, sounds like personal terms aren't a issue which does mean genuine interest our side id say.

We also need to be confident in getting a suitable replacement in. If thats Musiala we need to start working out whether. deal can be done this summer, sounds like personal terms aren't an issue which does mean genuine interest our side id say.
Not happening this summer for me

So we have a world class pair of strikers. We either find a way of incorporating both in the team or we allow Julian to leave.

Change of formation? Well It already seems we are going down the direct winger route like Spain with Doku, Bobb and now Savio.

So there really doesn't seem a place for Alvarez behind a front 3 as that's where Phil and keV will be operating.

Can he play wide? Probably but he doesn't seem a natural fit.

Has anyone actually seen any interview with Alvarez where he says he wants to leave? I haven't. If someone can show me, on video, where he says it then put it up for us all to see. If not, I call bullshit and we can close the thread.

This. Twitter echoed rumours, passed off as fact.

I don't want Alvarez to leave. There, I said it. Not for Olmo, not for 'Nico', not for any other flavour of the month shiny dangle.

There is a level of disrespect to him, to a lot of out players, at the mere hint they could 'make room' for new arrivals that are supposedly more exciting. Are they fuck.

If he does get tempted to leave and there is a fee the club want in it, sure all the best to him and thanks, and lets see who can be brought in. But actively getting giddy about the idea of him leaving so we can fantasise about this or that next thing, is not for me. He is a great player, and character, that wouldn't be easy or cheap to replace. And more likely we would sit on it for a year to get someone else than go after flash in the pan new 100m signings.

Has anyone actually seen any interview with Alvarez where he says he wants to leave? I haven't. If someone can show me, on video, where he says it then put it up for us all to see. If not, I call bullshit and we can close the thread.
Makes zero sense for any professional player to do that, so instead their agents and hangers on just start feeding journalists the news.

It might not be true but dismissing it because hes not sat there himself and said it is ridiculous.

CLMelo is the journalist who’s reported it , he’s incredibly close to the Argentina camp. Very close with the players. If he reports on Argentine players it’s true. He’s heard it from Alvarez camp or agent. He’s number one for South American transfers.

He broke the news of Alvarez to us before any other journalist.

Is that the rule for transfer forum threads? If you call bullshit, it should be closed?

Players very very rarely state they want to leave a club in interviews, more often than not because it isn't that easy to get the move they would want. There not being interview evidence, surprisingly, shouldn't be viewed as definitive either way.

Ok. you believe it if you want. I have my opinion and that's that. How many of our squad have been linked with a transfer away this summer? Off the top of my head ....Walker, De Bruyne, Ortega, Ederson, Cancelo, Bernardo, Grealish, Phillips, Rodri, Nunes, Alvarez, Haaland, Kabore, McAtee plus of course Pep.
Add in all the others who everyone wants to send out on loan such as Bobb and Rico and it all becomes so tiresome.
Let's see how many of them leave and see who the sheep on here are

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.