Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Tidy little player, no problem with him and he seems a nice lad, file under Jesus though. Fine as a back up for us, regular for the level below us (Arsenal)

If he does leaves, then say goodbye about wanting team full of superstars from starting eleven to bench. If Alvarez himself is not satisfied with his minutes despite being in small squad and having one of the most minutes amongst player in squad last season, then what other players both from within and potential players signing feels about it.

This will only strengthen the reasons of why Pep wants small squad and some people need to accept that even for great manager like Pep he can't please everyone no matter how much he tries to please all of his players fairly.

Why some people wanting to force Pep to make his squad bigger is beyond me when the man himself not wanting to do it because the exact reasons above.

While I do believe he wants to go - I don't think it's because of climate. If it is then fuck me, a player has around 5-10 years at the top of their careers then after retiring at 38, have double their lifespan to go and find a bit of a tan.

It was pathetic when Nolito whinged about it and still is. IMO anyway.

It will be down to the fact he's behind a monster in Haaland that's blocking his path. He's not a natural number 9 and is instead a playmaker with a good finish on him. Not (yet) clinical enough to be the main man and not (yet) physical enough to offer anything else if he's not scoring regularly. Or at least threatening.

But then he has Foden, KDB, Grealish, Doku, Savio etc. in front of him elsewhere across the attack. He probably just sees his pathway blocked to reliably being a starter week-in, week-out.

For that, I don't particularly blame him. He'll catch fire elsewhere because he'll be given patience and a substantial run of games but he won't get that here.

Although I see the comparisons, he's a better finisher than Jesus ever was and actually has the ability to stay onside too which is a plus. Hence why he'll get a move to a team that's established itself as challengers as opposed to one that is trying to get themselves there.

I think the only way he leaves is if Villa sign Joao Felix.

Which frees up wages for Ath Madrid.

Another factor will be how far Argentina progresses in the Olympics.

It's from Sam Lee so probably a load of shite

He's unlikely to get the minutes he got last year from an injured Haaland and KDB so more minutes makes sense. Not gonna happen though with everyone lowballing us.

FFS they can't even pay us for Ferran Torres who left 3 years ago.. how'll they afford Julian who's transfer fee is going to be almost double Ferran?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.