Alvarez replacement thread

I'd back Haaland to get more this season, and I'd back Doku to get more and KDB to get more

I'll fixate on Wilson as that was the name that was thrown out and the direct reference for my comment

As I said, the club are after a replacement for bobb/Alvarez and Wilson is not good enough for that role

We don't look at short term stop gaps, that not the club we are and a big reason for our success

We'll go with a younger player, potentially (likely) one who can play across the entire front line not just as a direct CF
So you think doku and kdb contributing more goals is enough to offset having no striker? They'd need to be banging in a minimum of 20 league goals each for that to be true. There just isn't enough goals in the squad to effectively play a false 9.

That was the name thrown out as an example of the calibre of player we will likely be looking at, these were my exact words
I think that's going to be the level we look at this late into the window.
The club aren't looking for a replacement for Bobb, his injury will have no sway on any business we do, we want a striker to replace Alvarez.

I don't disagree that we don't typically do short term fixes. we also typically get our main business done early and don't sell key players this late into the window though.

There's been times where we have done short term fixes when neccesary. You cannot say a deadline day panic buy of Akanji was a long term plan, just so happens he turned into gold, gomez was bought as a punt for a potential left back solution when cancelo threw his toys out of the pram, that unfortunately went the opposite way to akanji. we brought bravo in for a year until we could get ederson, Danilo was bought very much as a stop gap when Dani Alves did a U-turn on his word after agreeing to come here, did alright then was moved on after we identifed another target.

they're rare because we are generally incredibly well ran but we're not immune to being forced into it. I simply suggested it might be our best and most likely option in this case because ending the window with nobody would be a complete disaster imo.

Unfortunate we lost Bobb.

But Doku will definitely have to add more goals to his game, Im pretty sure he will.

KdB was injured for half the season last year, so he should get more now.

Savio is a new player who should get some goals.

Nunes should be involved more and should add more to his tally as well.

Im not expecting more goals than last season from the likes of Foden, Grealish, Bernie as we know what we get.

Thats pretty good imo, as ive said before, wouldnt mind an older backup tall striker also, but not a big deal.

Bobb would have been another source of goals, imo, losing him means we should prioritize a player like Bruno as Bernie and Foden have to play the wing now for some games.

Per the myriad responses/suggestions finding a replacement for Alvarez would be difficult, finding one for Ozzy too nigh on impossible.

Another Alvarez would be the answer and Tixxi will have every base covered.

Sterling on loan anyone ??

So you think doku and kdb contributing more goals is enough to offset having no striker? They'd need to be banging in a minimum of 20 league goals each for that to be true. There just isn't enough goals in the squad to effectively play a false 9.

That was the name thrown out as an example of the calibre of player we will likely be looking at, these were my exact words

No, if you read my comment I said that "I back them to get more".....

They don't need to hit 20 goals, they just need to add more to their game then last year

And I said that are after a replacement, never said we shouldn't get a new attacker in

But i disagree we should be after the calibre of a 30+, injury prone striker who's best day's are behind him and he's still on fairly significant wages... yea that calibre we want be interested, because it doesn't align with how our club is run

Akanji, Danilo & Gomez may have been a bit out of the blue but all 3 were either coming into their peak or were prospects with high ceilings

Thays the type of player were likely gonna go for now Alvarez has left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.