Alvaro Negredo - How do you remember him?

An animal of a player who bullied centre halves for half a season , what happened to him is a mystery , i am sure there was something behind the scenes maybe one day when someone writes his autobiograhy we will find out the truth , but the drop off in form was startling , hero to zero in matter of a few months.

One of the few examples of getting a player during their brief unexpectedly high peak. There’s been many players who have had one-off wonder seasons in the league, particularly strikers, the likes of Michu, zaki, Bony, mido and many others but it’s rarely with us, I think stevie Ireland was the last one before him.

Couldn’t have bought and sold him at a better time.
Santa Cruz is another example and we signed him on the back of it despite injury concerns.

His confidence seemed to have gone before the injury, the Newcastle away and Liverpool at home games were examples that he was no longer finishing instinctively, but still managed to score the winning goal against Liverpool with that side foot miskick.

He still managed to take points off us with Boro a few years later, despite his City form costing him a World Cup place in 2014 at the last cut.

He had played well for years before joining city, his nickname was the shark and not the beat, and his drop in form started before the injury.

Not quite I think Aguero got booked for being fouled but it was the same game that Negredo picked up hisd shoulder injury (near the end of the game when Pelegrini used all his subs).
Not quite I think Aguero got booked for being fouled but it was the same game that Negredo picked up hisd shoulder injury (near the end of the game when Pelegrini used all his subs).
Cheers. I seem to remember he got fouled but the ref was having none of it and he seemed to stay down for ages. Then again, it was a while ago.

The outside of the foot that travelled about 60 yards pin point behind the full defence was frightening!
This is how I remember him. Even a rag mate of mine was salivating over that pass. I thought he was incredible. An excellent footballer. I couldnt understand how his form had dropped off when I’m sure many of us were expecting him to blossom. Seems so long ago now. I’ve just read a post which reminded me of his shoulder injury. Unfortunate that he didn’t stay longer. Beast

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.