Am I being a selfish twunt at Wembley ??

This was my first visit to the new "Wembley" having been to the old stadium more than 15 times watching both City (1968/69 Leicester) onwards and on numerous occasions watching England in the old European Finals.
I took a gamble and was fortunate to get a ticket (being disabled) on the basis that maybe City fans would help out an old disabled twat like me.
Not so and OK I hold my hand up that maybe I wasn`t quite expecting a "fuck you I`m alright Jack " attitude from my fellow City fans.
I was in ENTRANCE C ,Block117 ,Row 159.
As I sat down being disabled all and sundry were stood up in front of me and I could see fuck all.My son asked the City fan 5 rows in front would he mind exchanging seats with me,as he had an unrestricted view as he was sat down for the entirety of the game.
Not only did the person decline, but he told my lad to fuck off. My son who is more tolerant than me had to hold back and hand on heart he could have ripped his head off.
At the end of the day all I was asking for was to move 5 seats in front,as all and sundry were stood up,blocking any view that I had.
Doubtful that you are reading this and sincere apologies if you feel I`m being a twunt.However I doubt I`ll be going back to Wembley and maybe its time to give up on our near yearly visit to the capital and concentrate on our PL home games.
Very bad form from that blue reacting like that, could have said no I don't want to, no need to react like a thug. Like most blues I'd have swapped, what's the big deal, we're all blues together, I don't think your lad twatting him is good advice though, why should he have his day ruined by probably being ejected from the ground. Don't let it put you off going to Wembley again though, you were just unfortunate that you happened to ask a twat.

This was my first visit to the new "Wembley" having been to the old stadium more than 15 times watching both City (1968/69 Leicester) onwards and on numerous occasions watching England in the old European Finals.
I took a gamble and was fortunate to get a ticket (being disabled) on the basis that maybe City fans would help out an old disabled twat like me.
Not so and OK I hold my hand up that maybe I wasn`t quite expecting a "fuck you I`m alright Jack " attitude from my fellow City fans.
As I sat down being disabled all and sundry were stood up in front of me and I could see fuck all.My son asked the City fan 5 rows in front would he mind exchanging seats with me,as he had an unrestricted view as he was sat down for the entirety of the game.
Not only did the person decline, but he told my lad to fuck off. My son who is more tolerant than me had to hold back and hand on heart he could have ripped his head off.
At the end of the day all I was asking for was to move 5 seats in front,as all and sundry were stood up,blocking any view that I had.
Doubtful that you are reading this and sincere apologies if you feel I`m being a twunt.However I doubt I`ll be going back to Wembley and maybe its time to give up on our near yearly visit to the capital and concentrate on our PL home games.
Sorry to hear that Oakie. Most Blues will help each other out but we do have a few numpties in our fan base!

Shame on the guy.

Could you not have got a disabled ticket? I assume there's an area at Wembley or to be safer it's more likely to be seated in the 500's.

Completely agree and to be honest I'm not sure if I can put up with the Wembley experience anymore.

I had some Supporters Club occupying the complete 4 rows in front of me in 517. Everyone of them was pissed and fighting broke out amongst themselves after only 5 minutes.

At half time the crowd numbers on the concourse behind 519-520 were Hillsborough like and utterly dangerous. This being caused by selfish twats completely blocking the toilets just so they could smoke, subsequently causing large numbers of the City support to miss our goal as they tried in vain to access the toilets.

One of the drunks in front of me, when he eventually returned, spent his 1st 5 minutes recounting how his drink was one of hundreds of pints of beer being tossed around with scant regard for who they hit.

I also had some spotty face urchin try to grab my phone at H/T. I was lucky he couldn't get away in the crowd before I wrestled it back from him. He was lucky I couldn't get my arms moving properly or else he'd still be unconscious!

I just don't get why people are obsessed with alcohol to the point where they are that drunk they don't get to see or have no recollection of what happened anyway.

With regard to standing in Level 1 it's the same every visit. Even though we had an 83 year old man amongst our group we decided to opt for Level 5, just to ensure he didn't have to spend the whole event stood up.

I think I'll leave it to the next generation now to be honest as 8 visits in 5 years has eroded the novelty and it is clear that issues like those above have now become the normality.

Completely agree and to be honest I'm not sure if I can put up with the Wembley experience anymore.

I had some Supporters Club occupying the complete 4 rows in front of me in 517. Everyone of them was pissed and fighting broke out amongst themselves after only 5 minutes.

At half time the crowd numbers on the concourse behind 519-520 were Hillsborough like and utterly dangerous. This being caused by selfish twats completely blocking the toilets just so they could smoke, subsequently causing large numbers of the City support to miss our goal as they tried in vain to access the toilets.

One of the drunks in front of me, when he eventually returned, spent his 1st 5 minutes recounting how his drink was one of hundreds of pints of beer being tossed around with scant regard for who they hit.

I also had some spotty face urchin try to grab my phone at H/T. I was lucky he couldn't get away in the crowd before I wrestled it back from him. He was lucky I couldn't get my arms moving properly or else he'd still be unconscious!

I just don't get why people are obsessed with alcohol to the point where they are that drunk they don't get to see or have no recollection of what happened anyway.

With regard to standing in Level 1 it's the same every visit. Even though we had an 83 year old man amongst our group we decided to opt for Level 5, just to ensure he didn't have to spend the whole event stood up.

I think I'll leave it to the next generation now to be honest as 8 visits in 5 years has eroded the novelty and it is clear that issues like those above have now become the normality.
It can be luck of the draw who you're around, I've done all the 'new' Wembley games some up top and some down below, I was happy pissed at the raggy semi and ended up falling about 6 rows in the 500's as I overbalanced shouting ( I put this down to the lack of seat support from the row in front.... Rather than leaning against backs of seats in 117 at home).

If you discount that as unfortunate ( it was for me ....hurt like fuck), the only other issue I've seen was some knob offering everyone out after the Wigan game as he thought we should all stay and give applause to Dave's broken leg.

Oh report and the supporters club they should be brought to account.

The main reason I decided not to go, to be honest, Oakie. I've been to the old Wembley, twice, & seen bugger all each time. Get plonked in the wrong place, or in front of some unfeasably tall people, and you're totally f*cked... Ask em if they wouldn't mind exchanging... Or, God forbid, to sit down on their seats, and you get absolute dogs abuse.

Still look on the the bright side mate. At least you didn't have to watch the (unbiased) tv coverage... Kelly Dalgish, David James, et al.... Even Stuart Pearce (Looking more & more like Slur Alex with every passing day) was doing his very best to emulate Nial Quinn's, anti City, rants. (albeit with a cockney accent)

Stuart's defineately after a job with sky, with all the other City haters, if I'm any judge

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.