Am I the greatest Stone Roses fan on the forum?

The most over rated band in the history of music. Bag of old shite, no wonder people need to take a mountain of drugs to listen to them.
I'm not the Roses biggest fan. But that first album is a stone cold classic. Plus they were/are extraordinarily gifted musicians.
You can't be that good on an instrument and be a bag of old shite.

John Squire was a very good musician, in a shit band.
Reni is the stand out musician in that band and Mani is a fabulous bass player, along with Squite being a gifted guitarist.

You might not like the songs which is a matter of taste. You can also criticise Ian Brown's vocals from a life perspective.
I am interested in why you think they are a shit band, though.

Reni is the stand out musician in that band and Mani is a fabulous bass player, along with Squite being a gifted guitarist.

You might not like the songs which is a matter of taste. You can also criticise Ian Brown's vocals from a life perspective.
I am interested in why you think they are a shit band, though.
Maybe you had to "be there". They are before my time.

I understand the cultural impact they had but listening to their music leaves me cold - I find it dreadfully dreary and all the songs sound the same to me.

Ian Brown...I don't even need to go into that. He is objectively dreadful.

I went to see them at Heaton Park with some old uni mates and went home after about half an hour. One of the most cringeworthy, awful performances from any band I've ever seen. And I've been to some shit gigs in my time. The Wailers who supported were great at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.